Portugal win Euro 2016 football championship
- Portugal lifted the Euro 2016 football championship at Saint-Denis in Paris beating France 1-0.
- Substitute Eder scored in extra-time to give Portugal a win at their first major international title despite losing captain and talisman Cristiano Ronaldo to injury.
Download exclusive notes on your Android PhoneInstall GK Digest Android App here
World Population Day being observed
- World Population Day is being observed on 11 July.
- This day is observed every year to focus attention on the urgency and importance of population issue.
- The theme this year is investing in Teenage Girls.
Sanjay Gupta appointed Konkan Railway CMD
- Sanjay Gupta has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL).
- Mr. Gupta, who is from Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME), was working as Director (Operations and Commercial) from September 30, 2013 till his elevation.
Legendary football coach Amal Dutta passes away
- Former Indian professional football coach Amal Dutta (86-year) passed away in his Kolkata residence.
- He was the first professional football coach of the country.
- Amal Dutta played in midfield for East Bengal in the 1950s and also represented India in the 1954 Asian Games at Manila.
Srinivasan K Swamy to get AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award
- Chairman of R K Swamy Hansa Srinivasan K Swamy would be the recipient of this year’s The Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI) Lifetime Achievement Award.
- This award is the highest honour to be given to an individual in India for outstanding contribution in the advertising industry.
Sushila Karki confirmed as Nepal's first woman Chief Justice
- Nepal’s Parliamentary Hearing Special Committee (PHSC) unanimously endorsed Sushila Karki as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- With this, Karki has become the first woman to lead Nepal’s judiciary. She will be appointed to the post by President Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
India, Tanzania signed five agreements
- India and Tanzania on 10 July 2016 inked five agreements to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
- These agreements were signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Tanzania from 9 July to 10 July 2016.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here