India’s first integrated Defence Communication Network launched
India’s first integrated Defence Communication Network (DCN) has been launched by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in South Block, Delhi.
- The network will enable India Army, Air force, Navy and the Special Forces Command to share situational awareness for a faster decision-making process.
Download notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra inducted in Navy
Indigenously-built heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra has been successfully inducted in the navy, making India one of the 8th countries to have the capability to design and build such a system.
- It has been developed by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), a premier laboratory of DRDO.
Marathi literary scholar RC Dhere passes away
Renowned Marathi literary scholar Dr. Ramchandra Chintaman Dhere (86-year) passed away after prolonged illness in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He was an Insightful scholar who has unraveled the Cultural linkage between the past and the present through his path-breaking literally research.
- He has written about 105 books based on his research work on various subjects.
Railway Ministry to install CCTV cameras at 1000 stations
Railway Ministry will install CCTV cameras at one thousand railway stations across the country.
- The camera footage will help investigate incidents taking place at the stations.
- 500 crore rupees have been earmarked for the purpose under Nirbhaya fund.
India supplies 60 modern passenger coaches to Bangladesh Railway
India has supplied 60 modern passenger coaches to Bangladesh Railway.
- An intercity train with these coaches was flagged off at Dhaka yesterday by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in presence of High Commissioner of India Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
Viswanathan Anand honoured with ‘Honoris Causa’ Doctor of Science degree
- Five-time World Champion Viswanathan Anand has conferred the “Honoris Causa” Doctor of Science by Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) during its 49th convocation ceremony.
- The 46-year-old Anand was bestowed with the degree by NITI aayog chairman Arvind Panagariya.
Sameer emerges fastest athlete of Nat’l Inter-state Athletics
Veteran sprinter Sameer Mon has won gold in 100 metre at the 56th National Inter-state Senior Athletics Championships in Hyderabad.
- Sameer clocked 10.60 seconds to become the fastest athlete in the country.
- Karnataka athlete Reena George’s switch-over from 400 metre to 100 metre proved successful as she won the women’s 100 metre dash in 11.99 seconds.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here