Foundation stone laid for MSME technology center in Visakhapatnam
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, along with Union Ministers Kalraj Mishra and Venkaiah Naidu have laid the foundation stone for a Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises technology centre under Technology Centre Systems Programme (TCSP) at Pudi in Visakhapatnam district.
- Its main focus is to support industries, particularly MSMEs, through access to advanced manufacturing technologies, skilling manpower and providing technical and business advisory support to entrepreneurs.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
A 3-day meeting between BSF & Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) begins in Agartala
- A three-day meeting between Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has begun in Agartala today to sort out problems along the border.
- The meeting is a 21-member BGB delegation, led by Brig Gen Mohammad Habibul Karim, arrived in Agartala.
Kerala Government launches first ever Water Metro project in the country
- Kerala Government has launched Kochi Water Metro project, the first ever Water Metro project of the country. It was launched by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan at Kochi, Kerala.
- The project aims to provide water connectivity to people living between islands in the Kochi agglomeration area and the city. The Water Metro project would be dedicated to the nation in four years.
First green rail corridor opens in Tamil Nadu
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has inaugurated 114-km long Rameswaram-Mana Madurai route as the country's first green rail corridor with zero toilet discharge section.
- · Accordingly, 10 passenger trains consisting of 286 coaches moving in the section have been provided with bio-toilets enabling the rail corridor free from the discharge of human waste on the track.
Motorcycle rally ‘Ride for Accessibility’ flagged off in Delhi
- A motorcycle rally named Ride for Accessibility was organized in the national capital today with a message to empower differently abled persons, Divyangs.
- · The rally which saw 500 young men and women motorcycle riders was flagged off at India Gate by Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javadekar, Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot.
Maharashtra CM launches pilot project of e-complaint system
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has launched a pilot project of e-complaint system on an experimental basis in Pune. After the pilot project, the system will be launched across the state within 8 months.
- It has been launched during the concluding ceremony of 14th Maharashtra Police Duty Meet at SRPF ground at Ramtekdi.
NSE revamps board appoints three new public interest directors
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has revamped its board, appointing three new public interest directors including chairman of Manipal Global Education Services and Infosys' former director Mohandas Pai, former secretary at the Ministry of Corporate Affairs Naved Masood and KPMG India's former deputy chief executive Dinesh Kanabar on the NSE's board as public interest directors.
- The board of the National Stock Exchange of India has 10 directors with Ashok Chawla, former chief of Competition Commission of India, as its chairman till January. He took charge from S B Mathur as NSE board chairman in May.
Goutam Ghose, Bappi Lahiri conferred Bengal's 'Mahanayak Award'
- Renowned Music Director and singer Bappi Lahiri and Critically-acclaimed filmmaker Goutam Ghose have been honoured with 'Mahanayak award' by the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee.
- The award has been conferred to them on the occasion of 36th death anniversary (24th July) of Uttam Kumar. The awards were instituted in 2012 in the memory of Bengali matinee idol Uttam Kumar who is revered in this part of India as "Mahanayak (Great hero)".
- In addition to Ghose and Lahiri, director-actor Kaushik Ganguly was also honoured with the award for best director.
Neeraj Chopra becomes 1st Indian to set world record in Jr athletics Championship
- India’s Neeraj Chopra has won the javelin gold at the IAAF World under-20 athletics championship in Poland, setting a world record of 86.48m while South African Johan Gobler (80.59m) took the silver and Anderson Peters (79.65m) of Granada finished third.
- With this, the 18 years old has created history by becoming first Indian Junior athlete to create a World Record in Poland.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here