Sanjiv Singh is new Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation
- Sanjiv Singh (56-year) will be the new Chairman of nation’s biggest company (by revenue) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- He will replace B Ashok on his superannuation at end of May 2017.
- Singh is currently Director of Refineries at IOC since 1st July 2014.
Download exclusive IBPS NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
International airport to come up at Purandar, Pune
- An expert team of Airports Authority of India (AAI) had conducted the feasibility study of the land for the project at Purandar taluka and approved it four days ago.
Delhi Government to have state-level bravery awards
- These awards will be given out on Independence Day (15-August) and Republic Day (26th-January) every year.
- Ten awards will be given and will carry a cash award of 2 lakh rupees each.
- The winners will be selected as per the nominations by the public.
Govt. to launch Mission Parivar Vikas for improved family planning services
- These 145-districts having the highest total fertility rates are in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam.
- Its main objective of the mission is to accelerate access to high-quality family planning choices based on information, reliable service and supplies within a rights-based framework.
Delhi government raises Doctors retirement age to 65
- Earlier, the retirement age of doctors was 62 years.
- The Lieutenant Governor (LG) Najeeb Jung has given his approval to government’s proposal to increase the retirement age of doctors.
Sanjay Dutta, Ritesh Sarothiya selected for wildlife awardsIndian forest officials Sanjay Dutta and Ritesh Sarothiya have been selected for the 2016 Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards.
- Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards honours individuals engaging in exemplary law enforcement actions to protect wildlife.
- Sanjay Dutta is the range officer of Belakoba Forest Range Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.
- Ritesh Sarothiya is the assistant conservator of Madhya Pradesh State Forest.
- The award ceremony will be held on 3rd October 2016 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
India and Russia joint military exercise Indra 2016 begins
- The main focus is on Counter-Terrorism Operations in semi-mountainous and jungle terrain under United Nations Mandate.
- The ‘INDRA’ series of annual bilateral exercises and is one of the major bilateral defence cooperation initiatives between India and Russia since 2003.
IAF successfully test fires long range air-to-air MICA missile
- The missile achieved a direct hit on a target which was much smaller than an actual aircraft and flying at a low altitude.
- IAF has become one of the few air forces in the world that have the capability of launching such beyond visual range (BVR) air-to-air missile.
Velavan Senthilkumar wins squash U-19 Asian title in Kuala Lumpur
- Senthilkumar beat Jordan’s Mohammad Al-Sarraj (12-14, 9-11, 11-6, 11-8, 11-7) to claim the title.
Sania Mirza & Barbora Strycova lift Toray Pan Pacific Open tennis trophy
- They win over unseeded Chinese pair of Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang straight-set (6-1, 6-1) in the final of the women’s doubles event.
- This is Sania and Strycova’s 2nd title in three tournaments since they have paired together.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here