Council fixes 4-level GST rate structure
- Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitely announced four-tier GST rate.
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be levied at multiple rates ranging from zero per cent to 28 per cent.
- Tax structure of 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%, with lower rates for essential items and the highest for luxury
- The highest slab of 28 per cent will include white goods and all those items on which the current rate of incidence varies from 30-31 per cent.
ICICI Bank cuts home loan rate by 15 basis points
- ICICI Bank on Thursday announced a cut in home loan rate by 0.15 per cent for new borrowers.
- Home loans up to Rs.75 lakh for women borrowers will now attract an interest of 9.15 per
- The new rate for salaried class has been reduced to 9.20 per cent, as against 9.35 per cent earlier.
Twitter India MD Parminder Singh resigns
- The microblogging network’s MD for India, Southeast Asia and Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), Parminder Singh resigned.
- Two days ago, Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly announced had also put his papers.
Mistry to chair IHCL board meet today
- Ousted Tata Sons Chairman Cyrus Mistry is set to chair the board meeting of Indian Hotels Company (IHCL).
- IHCL is a Tata Group firm,.
- The meeting will be held at Bombay House, the corporate headquarters of the group, on Friday.
11-day International Space Science School to be held in Sangli
- In a bid to bolster enthusuaism for the study of heavens among the rural young, a 11-day international ‘Space Science School’ will be organised in Sangli district in Western Maharashtra from November 7.
- This school is part of a series of schools conducted jointly by the Canada-based Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP) and the International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI).
Food Security Act implemented: Paswan
- The National Food Security Act (NFSA), which envisages supply of subsidised foodgrains, has been implemented across the country, the Centre said on Thursday.
- As a result, 81.34 crore persons will get wheat at Rs. 2 per kg and rice at Rs. 3 per kg.
Google ties up with ASI for virtual tour of monuments
- Google has tied up with Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for 360 degree virtual tour of 280-odd monuments across the country.
- Some of the major monuments are Taj Mahal, Victoria Memorial and the ruins of Hampi and eight were from Kolkata.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here