BUDGETS IN VARIOUS STATES:
- Arunachal Pradesh Finance Minister presented the deficit budget of 285 crores.
- Telangana Finance Minister presented the budget of rupees 1,49,646 crores for the year 2017-18.
- Andhra Pradesh Government presented a budget of Rupees 1,56,999 Crores for the current financial year 2017-18.
- Meghalaya Government presented the budget for Rs. 1236 crores.
- Tamil Nadu Government presented a budget of Rs. 1,59,363 crores for the financial year 2017-18.
INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL AWARENESS:
- Mark Tucker have become the Chairman of HSBC Holding Plc and Stuart Gulliver is the Chief Executive Officer of HSBC Holding Plc.
- Intel has decided to buy Mobileye, Israeli-based company for USD 15.3 billion.
- Hyundai, a South Korean based automobile company tied up with Iran Oil company for 3.2 Billion dollars.
- Rupees 18.5 crores have been allocated by Government of Pakistan for national Census 2017.
- MOU signed between China and Saudi Arabia on Energy, investment, space and another sector for USD 65 Billion.
- USD 175 million was allocated by World Bank for National Hydrology Project of India.
- For maintenance of Sukhoi-30MKI Jets India and Russia have tied an MOU for USD 300 million.
- To acquire AH-64E apache level helicopters, US government and Boing Co have tied up with USD 3.4 billion.
- G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governor meet held in Germany.
- Karnataka Bank has signed MOU with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company to provide non-life insurance products to bank customers.
- Yes Bank has tied up with Udaipur, Nashik and Puducherry for smart city initiatives to provide payment related solution.
- An agreement worth of USD 274 Crores was allocated German Development Bank and State Bank of India for providing affordable housing in India.
- SBI Infra Management Solution Private Limited have been wholly own by State Bank of India to manage its premises and estate related matters.
- Reserve Bank of India have removed all the restriction on withdrawal of money from saving accounts from March 13, 2017.
- Digital Wallets are opened by Reserve Bank of India for Unified Payment Interface as a part of digitisation of India.
- One Time Settlement Scheme launched by State Bank of India for tractor loans at the total cost of 6000 crores.
- IndusInd bank, a Mumbai-based bank agreed to buy 100 percent stake in Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Service Limited.
- Chief Executive Officer of Reliance Commercial Finance Private Limited is Devang Mody.
- HDFC has launched digital loans against security services.
- Future Generali Insurance Company has tied up with UCO bank, a Kolkata-based bank to market its product through UCO bank customers.
- State Bank of India has tied up with CREDAI, a real estate developer to develop realty sector.
- Bibhu Prasad Kanungo was appointed as the new Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India replacing Mr R. Gandhi.
- Bandhan Bank, a Kolkata-based bank have tied up with Avenues India Private Limited to provide payment Gateway product and Point of Sales to merchants.
- Reserve Bank of India has got permission from Government of India to release trail plastic notes with 10 rupees denomination.
- United Bank of India had got 418 crores as a capital infusion from the centre under turnaround linked capital infusion plan.
- CASHe tied up with Rubique, an online market place to sell financial products.
- Essar Steels Nand Niketan is the first private cashless township is located in Gujarat.
- Managing Director and CEO of Indian Bank is Kishore Piraji Kharat.
- Managing Director and CEO of IDBI bank is Mahesh Kumar Jain.
- ONGC have tied up with Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation’s entire 80% stake for USD 1.2 Billion.
- ONGC, a Dehradun-based Oil and gas Company, have planned to develop India’s deepest gas discovery UD-1 by investing 21528 crores.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank was opened in Thrissur in Kerala.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA:
- Rupees 52000 lakhs is given for blue revolution to develop fisheries in India by Union Government.
- Rs. 600 crores project Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) have been launched by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman to manage Export linked Infrastructure.
- 20 new project worth 1900 crores have been introduced by on the under Clean Ganga Project.
- India ‘s contribution to United Nations is Rs. 244 crores in 2015-16.
- Union Government has given dearness allowance or Dearness relief for central Government employees and pensioners from 2 percent to 4 percent.
- Rs.1160 crore was allocated to bring 50 new Kendriya Vidalayas under Civil or defence sector.
- Next Chairman of Public Account Committee is Mallikarjun Kharge.
- Finance Ministry released a report that 29 lakh debt card were affected by virus in ATM machines which were connected to a switch made by Hitachi.
- 8586 crore have allocated by the government under turnaround linked capital infusion plan for 10 PSU’s.
- Union Ministry approved 4 GST Legislations. The fourth GST legislation will be released as money bill in parliament to get final approval.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here