Conference on 'Make in India' held in Houston
- First-ever conference was held here bringing together various constituencies that have an interest in India and discussing the latest developments and the best practices of doing business in India.
- The two-day Houston India Conference was hosted by Asia Society Texas Center
- The theme of the Conference is 'Make in India -The Inside Story'.
- Texas has a vibrant Indian-American population that has contributed immensely to the understanding between our two countries across business, academia, the sciences
- Houston India Conference is designed to bring together the various constituencies that have an interest in India, and discuss with them the latest developments and the best practices of doing business in India.
- The central focus of the conference is to provide a collaboration platform and share today's India story with the audience in Texas who are interested in investing in India, by the people who are playing an important role in shaping up the modern
Get free SBI PO Course on GK Digest App here
Make in India
- Make in India is an initiative launched by the Government of India to encourage multi-national, as well as national companies to manufacture their products in India.
- It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September 2014. India emerged, after initiation of the programme in 2015, as the top destination globally for foreign direct investment (FDI), surpassing the United States of America as well as the People's Republic of China. In 2015, India received US$63 billion in FDI
Karnataka bank launches new platinum debit card
- Karnataka bank has launched a novel card product 'MoneyPlantTM Rupay' international platinum debit card as part of its efforts to provide more privileges to its premium customers.
- The card could be used for domestic as well as international cash withdrawals and purchase transactions, a bank press release here said.
- The card has superior features and privileges like enhanced withdrawal limit of Rs 75,000 and purchase (POS/ e-commerce) limit of Rs two lakh per day, personal accident insurance coverage of Rs two lakh, two free lounge access per quarter across more than 30 airports in India and 300 plus airports worldwide, fuel surcharge waiver and other merchant offers, it said.
- The card, bundled with a host of special features, would be offered to customers as part of bank's digital banking initiative
Indian navy successfully test fires surface-to-air missile from aircraft carrier
- India's navy announced Friday it successfully fired its first surface-to-air missile from its aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
- The test firing, conducted in the Arabian Sea on Wednesday, was part of the Operational Readiness Inspection program and marks a major milestone in the country's defense capabilities. The missile was fired at a live low-flying, high-speed target, officials said.
- "The target was successfully engaged and destroyed,
- INS Vikramaditya is the country's sole aircraft carrier and was retrofitted with a Barak missile system.
- The Kiev-class vessel was built in 1987 and served the Soviet navy and was originally named Baku. It was later renamed Admiral Gorshkov under the Russian navy.
- The Indian navy purchased the vessel in 2004
BSF gets first woman field officer in Tanushree Pareek
- The Border Security Force on Saturday received its first woman field officer after a convocation ceremony conducted in the BSF academy at Tekanpur in Madhya Pradesh's Gwalior Tanushree Pareek, a resident of Rajasthan, led the passing-out parade at the BSF Academy as the first woman field officer.
- She was also felicitated at the ceremony.
- Congratulating the BSF, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said, "I am happy that BSF has got its first woman field officer and hope that many more women will join her in securing our borders."
- Pareek started training last year in a 52-week Assistant Commandant training programme with the 40th batch of the BSF academy.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here