The Reserve Bank of India has withdrawn its list of roll numbers displayed on the Bank’s website on February 22, 2017. Some changes have been made in order to the selection process of RBI Assistants.
As per the notification, the final selection will be based on the overall performance of the candidate in Mains Exams, Language Proficiency Test and other eligibility criteria like age, educational qualification, caste certificate etc.
Summary of RBI's official notification
- In RBI's notification dated November 07, 2016 it was notified that the selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in online main examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
- It has been since decided to dispense with interview in line with the instructions issued by Government of India.
- The selected candidates are likely to be posted at public interface counters, the knowledge /proficiency in local language is considered to be essential.
- Considering the above situation, it is considered necessary to test the knowledge / proficiency level of the shortlisted candidates in the respective regional language before final selection is made.
- Therefore the provisionally selected candidates appeared in Language Proficiency Test (LPT) as notified in the notification dated February 07, 2017.
- To provide for greater selectivity and to ensure availability of sufficient candidates to fulfil reservation requirements the list is being enhanced suitably.
- The list of roll numbers displayed on the Bank’s website on February 22, 2017 has been withdrawn and in place an enhanced list of candidates will be displayed on the Bank’s website.
- The final selection of the candidates would now be made on overall performance based on marks obtained in main examination, performance in LPT, reservation requirements, medical fitness and submitting acceptable documentary evidence in respect of all eligibility criteria such as Age, Educational qualification, Category, Caste Certificate, etc as per the statutory regulations.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here