Tejas Express to be launched: New Premier Train between Mumbai and Goa
- Indian Railways is expected to launch a new premier train, called the Tejas Express, between Mumbai and Goa in June.
- Cuisine curated by celebrity chefs, tea and coffee vending machines and individual LCD screens.
- This train is expected to begin operations from June this year.
- The 20-coach Tejas Express will be the first Indian Railways' train to have automatic doors and secured gangways for all coaches.
Paes-Lipsky win Tallahassee Challenger title
- Indian tennis player Leander Paes won his second Challenger-level title of the season
- The top-seeded Indo-American pair of Leander Paes and Scott Lipsky defeated Argentine third seeds Leonardo Mayer and Maximo Gonzalez to win the Tallahassee Challenger title
Maharashtra becomes first Indian state to use Automated Weather Stations for farmers
- Devendra Fadnavis, Maharasthra CM on Sunday inaugurated the state's first automatic weather stations for farmers in Dongargaon, Nagpur.
- Around 2,065 such weather stations will come in Maharashtra on PPP (public private partnership) models
IIT Roorkee scientists create low-cost solar cells using Jamun
- Researchers used naturally occurring pigment found in jamun as an inexpensive photosensitiser for Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSCs) or Gratzel cells.
- Gratzel cells are thin film solar cells composed of a porous layer of titanium dioxide (TiO2) coated photoanode, a layer of dye molecules that absorbs sunlight, an electrolyte for regenerating the dye, and a cathode.
Real Estate Act comes into effect
- The Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016, the landmark realty law to protect home buyers from unscrupulous developers
- States have to notify the realty rules and set up Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
- It makes it mandatory for all builders - developing a project where the land exceeds 500 square metre - to register with RERA before launching or even advertising their project.
- Not doing so will invite up to a maximum imprisonment of 3 years or fine of up to 10% of the total project cost.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here