Anurag Tripathy Appointed as Secretary of CBSE
- Senior bureaucrat Anurag Tripathy was today appointed as the secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Tripathy, a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway personnel Service (IRPS), has been appointed to the post for a period of five years.
Install GK Digest Android Application here
DIPP amends definition of Startup
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) amended the definition of a Startup. New Definition of Startup:
- An entity will be considered as a Start-Up if its turnover is less than Rs 25 crore and has not completed seven years from the date of its incorporation/registration.
Rajan Anandan has been appointed as the new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)
- Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, Rajan Anandan has been appointed as the new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- Rajan will succeed FreeCharge’s co-founder and chief executive officer, Kunal Shah.
PM to Inaugurate Country’s Longest Bridge in Assam
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate India’s longest river bridge – the Dhola-Sadia Bridge in Assam. The construction of the bridge began in 2011.
Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda resigns
- Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ has resigned from his post. He was elected as the 39th Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Prachanda has stepped down honouring a power-sharing agreement entered by him with the ruling partner Nepali Congress on August 3, 2016.
- As per the agreement, Dahal, who is the Chairman of CPN (Maoist Centre) was to have a brief stint of 9 months and will be succeeded by Nepali Congress president Sher Bahadur Deuba. It was agreed that the government will be run on a rotational basis until elections to Parliament are held in February 2018.
Swachh Bharat App Launched
- Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma has launched Swachh Bharat app at the National Museum in New Delhi. The app will enable visitors to report garbage on the premises of the ASI (the Archaeological Survey of India) monuments across the country.
- The visitors with the help of the app would be permitted to report the culture ministry any litter or garbage on the premises of the monuments.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here