India’s First Electric Mass Mobility System Launched in Nagpur
- Nagpur today earned the distinction of becoming the country’s first city with electric fleet of 200 electric vehicles, including taxis, buses, e-rickshaw and autos.
- All these electric-powered public transport vehicles will be fully owned by cab aggregator Ola.
Install GK Digest Android app here
India inks 4 pacts with Mauritius during Jugnauth's visit
India has extended a 500 million dollar line of credit to Mauritius. The Line of Credit has been signed between SBM Mauritius Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd and Export-Import Bank of India.
- Oceanography Institute in marine sciences and technology.
- Agreement on Maritime Security
- Memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up of a civil services college in Mauritius.
- MoU was signed between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Mauritius
- Submission of instrument of ratification of International Solar Alliance (ISA) by Mauritius.
Apple opens first Southeast Asia store in Singapore
- Apple opened its first Southeast Asia store in Singapore yesterday. Office is located on the affluent Orchard Road
PM lays Foundation Stone for AIIMS at Changsari
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Changsari in the Kamrup District of Assam.
- The institute will have a hospital comprising of 750 beds, 22 super speciality departments including 16 operation theatres.
DIPP gets back power to grant industrial licences for defence manufacturing
- The power to grant licence for defence manufacturing is back with the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion a few months after the Home Ministry was given the responsibility.
- The decision was taken considering the workload of Home Ministry which has to look after security concerns of the entire country.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here