India’s First Electric Mass Mobility System Launched in Nagpur
- Nagpur today earned the distinction of becoming the country’s first city with electric fleet of 200 electric vehicles, including taxis, buses, e-rickshaw and autos.
- All these electric-powered public transport vehicles will be fully owned by cab aggregator Ola.
Install GK Digest Android app here
India inks 4 pacts with Mauritius during Jugnauth's visit
India has extended a 500 million dollar line of credit to Mauritius. The Line of Credit has been signed between SBM Mauritius Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd and Export-Import Bank of India.
- Oceanography Institute in marine sciences and technology.
- Agreement on Maritime Security
- Memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up of a civil services college in Mauritius.
- MoU was signed between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Mauritius
- Submission of instrument of ratification of International Solar Alliance (ISA) by Mauritius.
Apple opens first Southeast Asia store in Singapore
- Apple opened its first Southeast Asia store in Singapore yesterday. Office is located on the affluent Orchard Road
PM lays Foundation Stone for AIIMS at Changsari
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Changsari in the Kamrup District of Assam.
- The institute will have a hospital comprising of 750 beds, 22 super speciality departments including 16 operation theatres.
DIPP gets back power to grant industrial licences for defence manufacturing
- The power to grant licence for defence manufacturing is back with the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion a few months after the Home Ministry was given the responsibility.
- The decision was taken considering the workload of Home Ministry which has to look after security concerns of the entire country.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here