The notification will be available on the official website www.ssc.nic.in on 16th May. The process of online application will commence once the notification is updated on the official website.
Tentative Dates of Recruitment
|Exam Dates Exam Events||Exam Events|
|May 16 2017||Opening Date of Online Registration|
|June 16 2017||Closing Date of Online Registration|
|August 1 - August 20 2017||Online Examination Preliminary (SSC CGL Tier 1 2017)|
|November 10 -November 11 2017
||Online Examination Mains (SSC CGL Tier 2 2017)|
|January 21 2018
||Descriptive Paper (Tier 3) – Pen & Paper|
||Skill Test (Tier 4) – CPT / DEST|
Age: Minimum Age 18 - Maximum 32 (As on 01.08.2017)
- Graduation in any discipline or any equivalent degree from a recognised university (before 01.08.2017)
- Candidates who have not complete their graduation before 01.08.2017 are not eligible to apply.
- The degree earned through Distance Education or Open University needs to be recognized by Distance Education Council
Exam DetailsThe exam has 4 tiers as given below:
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 1 will be eligible to appear in Tier 2.
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 2 will be eligible to appear in both Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Final merit of SSC CGL will be based on cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 4 is of qualifying nature and mandatory for CSS/MEA/ Tax Assistant posts.
|Female (All Category)||Free|
SSC CGL 2017: How to Apply online
- Candidates can apply online from 16.05.2017 to 15.06.2017 by registering themselves through the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in or ssconline.nic.in
- Click on "New Registration" and fill all the mandatory fields.
- After you have registered successfully, you need to pay the application fee through online banking.
- On this site, Candidates need to click on ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- If you have earlier registered for any exam, you have your registration number and password the you don’t need to register again. You can directly fill the form on clicking apply part.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here