Indians wrestlers bag 5 medals at Junior Asian Championships
- Indian wrestlers produced a superb show to bag five medals at the Junior Asian Championships
- Among the women, Pooja Gehlot won gold in the 51kg category while Sonu clinched a silver medal in the 44kg event. Manju Kumari got a bronze in the women's 59kg division.
- The boys bagged two medals in the Greco-Roman categories on the second day of the competition with S. Satish clinching silver in the 120kg division while Manish got a bronze in the 50kg category.
- The Indian boys have now registered a tally of one silver and six bronze medals over the two days of the Greco-Roman competition.
- This is the best performance by Indian boys in the Greco-Roman style as they have finished on the podium in every weight category except for the 60kg division.
- In the women's 51kg category, Pooja scripted an exciting 6-5 win over Chisaki Hori of Japan in the final.
PM dedicates first phase of Kochi Metro to nation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday dedicated the first phase of Kochi Metro to the nation.
- Kochi, the Queen of the Arabian Sea, was once an important spice trading centre. Today it was known as commercial capital of Kerala, the prime minister said.
- Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is a 50-50 joint venture of the Centre and the state government.
- The Centre has so far released over Rs 2,000 crore for the project. The coaches reflected 'Make in India' vision.
- They have been built by Alstom near Chennai and have an Indian component of around 70 per cent
- Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, Kerala Governor P Sathasivam, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, Leader of Opposition in Kerala Assembly Ramesh Chennithala, Ernakulam MP K V Thomas, Kochi Mayor Soumini Jain and 'Metro Man' E Sreedharan were among those present at the inaugural function.
IBBI notifies fast track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons Regulations
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) notified the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Fast Track Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons) Regulations, 2017.
- The board announced the regulations in exercise of its powers conferred by sections 58, 196 and 208 read with section 240 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code),
- These regulations provide the process from initiation of insolvency resolution of eligible corporate debtors till its conclusion with approval of the resolution plan by the Adjudicating Authority.
- The process in these cases shall be completed within a period of 90 days, as against 180 days in other cases. However, the Adjudicating Authority may, if satisfied, extend the period of 90 days by a further period up to 45 days for completion of the process.
Mahatma Gandhi's Sabarmati Ashram Celebrates 100 Years
- Sabarmati Ashram, which served as epicentre of the country's freedom struggle during Mahatma Gandhi stay there, will celebrate its centenary in presence of his grandson and former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi lived in the ashram, situated on the banks of Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad along with his wife Kasturba from 1917 and 1930.
- The Ashram trust has planned several programmes, including opening of two permanent galleries at the Ashram, tree plantation and release of two books on Mahatma Gandhi, to mark the event.
- As per the schedule posted on the Ashram's website, Gopalkrishna Gandhi inaugurated two galleries titled 'My Life is My Message' and 'Charkha.'
- He also released two books titled 'Letters to Gandhi' and 'Pioneers of Satyagraha.'
Helmut Kohl, father of German reunification, dies
- Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, the architect of German reunification, died
- He was 87.
- Germany's longest serving post-war chancellor from 1982 to 1998, Kohl was a driving force behind the introduction of the euro currency, convincing sceptical Germans to give up their cherished deutschemark.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here