International Day of Peace: 21 September 2017
- The International Day of Peace or "Peace Day" is observed on 21 September every year.
- It was established in 1981 by United Nations Read More
Sambamurthy Appointed NPCI Interim Chairman
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has appointed B Sambamurthy as interim Chairman of the board. Read More
Fino Payments Bank Launches BPay Mobile Banking App
- Fino Payments Bank has launched its mobile banking app called BPay.
- It will help develop the fintech ecosystem in India
- Fino is the company which aims to make banking easy for millions of underbanked people in India. Read More
FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 Slogan: "Dare To Shine"
- The official emblem and slogan for FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019 are unveiled at the Musee de l'Homme in Paris
- The slogan of the tournament is "Dare To Shine" Read More
B4 ‘Boat Lab’ to Study Brahmaputra To be Commissioned
- The Department of Biotechnology will commission a two-tiered barge in the Brahmaputra River
- The boat will host scientists and will have a full-fledged lab that will allow those on board to collect samples from various stretches of the river Read More
India and Russia to Build Rooppur plant in Bangladesh
- India’s first foreign nuclear power project will be done in collaboration built with Russia in Bangladesh
- Both the countries will build the 2.4 GW Rooppur plant in Bangladesh under a 2014 agreement to work together on third-country nuclear projects. Read More
RBI will Treat P2P Lending Firms as NBFCs
- All peer-to-peer lending (P2P) firms will be treated as non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- These firms will be regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Read More
Smriti Irani Inaugurated VASTRA 2017 in Jaipur
- The Union Minister for Textiles and Information & Broadcasting, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani has inaugurated 6th Edition of the 4-day international textiles and apparel fair VASTRA 2017, in Jaipur Read More
People First' Mobile App Launched in Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh CM N. Chandrababu Naidu launched 'People First' mobile application for grievance redressal in Vijayawada. Read More
India Gets Its First High Horse Power Locomotive From France
- India's first bodyshell of 12000 HP loco from Alstom France arrived at Kolkata port
- This first-of-its-kind high-power electric locomotive
- It will be used to haul freight trains at twice the existing speed by next year. Read More
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here