Banking and Financial Awareness
- All peer-to-peer lending (P2P) firms will be treated as non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and will be regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Fino Payments Bank has launched its mobile banking app called BPay.
- SEBI permitted Real estate investment trusts (REITs) and infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) to raise funds through debt securities.
- SEBI allowed single-asset REITs similar to InvITs.
- Vijaya Bank has bagged the first prize under the Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (Region C) for the year 2016-17 for active implementation of Hindi in its day-to-day activities.
- SBI bagged first prize under Government of India Rajbhasha Kirti Awards 2016-17 for its Quarterly Hindi house magazine PRAYAS.
- Amazon India has tied up with the Bank of Baroda to offer micro loans to its sellers.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a loan of up to USD 200 million with IndusInd Bank to provide finance to low-income women borrowers in rural India.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here