Banking and Financial Awareness
- Punjab National Bank and BSNL have teamed up to roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay.
- Income tax department is set to launch Project Insight from next month, which will gather virtual information to trace black money.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has raised upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) to 65 years, from the current 60.
- Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch RuPay-powered digital debit card.
- Payment gateway provider PayU has collaborated with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to provide online payment services.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for automatic sharing of data and information on a regular basis.
- India’s foreign exchange (Forex) reserves have crossed $400 billion mark for the first time, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The Union Cabinet chaired has given its approval to introduce of the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in the Parliament.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here