Banking and Financial Awareness
- Punjab National Bank and BSNL have teamed up to roll out open mobile wallet Speedpay.
- Income tax department is set to launch Project Insight from next month, which will gather virtual information to trace black money.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has raised upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) to 65 years, from the current 60.
- Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch RuPay-powered digital debit card.
- Payment gateway provider PayU has collaborated with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to provide online payment services.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for automatic sharing of data and information on a regular basis.
- India’s foreign exchange (Forex) reserves have crossed $400 billion mark for the first time, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The Union Cabinet chaired has given its approval to introduce of the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in the Parliament.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here