- India-Australia Joint Steering Committee's first Meeting was held in New Delhi.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes announced that it had signed two more advance pricing agreements (APAs) with taxpayers
- Archaeological Survey of India, Ministry of Culture and National Geographic jointly organise the 4th Dialogue of Civilizations from 8th to 15th October 2017.
- 28-year-old Chandigarh golfer Ajeetesh Sandhu won his maiden title on the Asian Tour at Taipei.
- The Reserve Bank of India is all set to launch a Financial Literacy Drive to educate people on e-transactions, formal sector borrowings and insurance purchases.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an Intensive Immunisation Drive from Gujarat's Vadnagar called Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
- In the latest list of Valuable Nation Brand List India has slipped to 8th place
- The government of India has launched the next tranche of sovereign gold bond (SGB) scheme, the second in 2017-18.
- University of Chicago’s Richard H. Thaler was awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Economics
- PNB MetLife India Insurance has roped in Ashish Srivastava as its new MD and CEO
- Noted Novelist T D Radhakrishnan has been selected for Vayalar award 2017.
- World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October annually.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here