- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing "Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC)" between India and Japan on the "Technical Intern Training Program (TITP)".
- Ministry of Railways and Germany have signed a Joint Declaration of Intent to carry out of feasibility study on existing Chennai-Kazipet corridor of Indian Railways
- IIT-Kharagpur has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Samsung India for digital academy.
- The law ministry will approve the formation of a committee that will examine the pay-hike issues of lower court judges.
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred national awards to senior citizens, Vayoshreshtha Samman
- The government has changed the status of global marine body IALA to inter-government organisation from non-governmental organisation.
- Anupam Kher has been appointed as the new chief of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
- Japan has launched fourth satellite for a new high-precision global positioning system (GPS).
- Nisha Desai Biswal has been appointed the president of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC).
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Week from 09th to 14th October 2017.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here