Indian lawyer Colin Gonsalves Wins Swedish Right Livelihood Award
- Colin Gonsalves has been chosen for a prestigious rights award in Sweden
- He is a senior Indian advocate and will be honoured for his innovative use of public interest litigation in securing fundamental human rights for India’s most marginalised and vulnerable citizens...Read More
Manik Bhide Chosen for Bhimsen Joshi Award
- Renowned vocalist Manik Bhide has been chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratnaatna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi award for the year 2017-18 for her contribution in the field of music..Read More
Gujarat To be First Big State to use EVMs with VVPAT
- Gujarat is all set to become the second state after Goa to use the VVPAT system for assembly elections
- Electronic voting machines with voter-verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) facility will be used during the upcoming Gujarat elections...Read More
TK Viswanathan Committee Recommendation to Deal with Hate Speech
- The home ministry is examining the recommendations of TK Viswanathan committee formed to propose new laws or amendments to deal with hate speech on the internet..Read More
India International Science Fest to be Held in Chennai
- The third edition of India International Science Festival will be held from October 13-16 at IIT-Chennai.
- Top scientists from the government are expected to participate in the event...Read More
NITI Aayog to Organise Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad
- Niti Aayog will host the eighth annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Hyderabad on November 28-30.
- The event will be hosted in partnership with the US administration..Read More
ARPAN Version 3.0 for Defence Security Corps Rolled Out
- Defence Security Corps personnel have got a new software called ‘ARPAN’
- The software is developed yo ease personal documentation and all issues related to their progression. The ARPAN software consists of seven modules...Read More
5 New Governors Appointed by President Kovind
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed five governors for the states of Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Lieutenant Governor for Andaman and Nicobar Islands was also appointed...Read More
Official Ball for FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 Launched
- FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup.
- The ball will be called Krasava...Read More
Aparna Kumar Becomes the First Indian Woman to Scale Mt Manaslu
- IPS Officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre, Aparna Kumar became the first Indian woman to scale Mount Manaslu
- Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain peak in the world...Read More
IREDA Becomes First Indian Financial Agency to Raise Funds Overseas
- The state-owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has become the first Indian financial institution to raise ‘green masala bonds’.
- Ireda has got $300-million for financing projects that are beneficial for the environment..Read More
Team India Wins Enactus World Cup 2017
- Team India which was represented by students of Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies Delhi, won the Enactus World Cup 2017.
- The winning projects included Mission RAAHAT and project UDAAN..Read More
Nirmala Sitharaman Inaugurated Pratham-Shyok bridge in Leh
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the Pratham—Shyok bridge.
- This bridge will link Leh to Karakoram, providing connectivity on the strategically important Darbuk—Shyok—Daulat Beg Olde axis for military transport..Read More
New Wetland Conservation Rules Notified by Environment Ministry
- The Centre has notified a new set of rules under the head Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2017 replacing the Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2010.
- The new rules will replace the 2010 version of the rules..Read More
Mridul Kumar Appointed as High Commissioner to Malaysia
- Mridul Kumar has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Malaysia
- He is currently working as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs..Read More
Palestine Becomes Full Member of INTERPOL
- The International Police Organization or Interpol has accepted Palestine as its new member.
- Interpol also accepted Solomon Islands as a new member making it a 192-member organization
- The decision was taken during the annual meeting of the Interpol that was held in Beijing..Read More
International Translation Day: 30 September
- The United Nations celebrated the International Translation Day for the first time on 30th September 2017 for the first time International Translation Day.
- The day is marked to pay tribute to the work of language professionals, which plays an important role in bringing nations together, facilitating dialogue, ....Read More
100 Most Valuable Brands List Interbrand: Apple Tops
- Apple has once again topped the list of 100 Most Valuable Brands released every year by Interbrand. It giant was rated as the most valuable brand for the fifth consecutive year.
- Interbrand's 100 Most Valuable Brands list saw technology firms doing really well...Read More
David Harquail appointed Chairman of World Gold Council
- The World Gold Council has appointed President and Chief Executive of Franco-Nevada Corporation David Harquail as its new Chairman.
- Harquail has succeeded Randall Oliphant, who served as the Chairman for the past four years...Read More
President Launched ‘Adopt a Heritage’ Project
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched “Incredible India 2.0 Campaign”, “Adopt a Heritage” project.
- The project was launched on the occasion of “World Tourism Day” which is celebrated on September 27 annually,
- Incredible India 2.0 campaign will focus on specific promotional plans, with greater emphasis to be given to social media,...Read More
Bilateral Investment Treaty between India and Belarus
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing and ratification of the Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) between the India and Belarus on Investments.
- The Treaty is supposed toincrease investment flows between the two countries.
- It is expected to improve the confidence of the investors resulting in an increase in FDI..Read More
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here