- The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government has set up a high-level committee to evolve a strategy for management of the region’s water resources.
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India celebrated its golden jubilee
- Russia has floated out the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ship called Sibir.
- World Teachers' Day is also known as International Teachers Day is celebrated on 5th October 2017
- The Appointments Committee of the government has named Rajnish Kumar as the new chairman of SBI or the State Bank of India
- he World Health Organization (WHO) has appointed Soumya Swaminathan one of two deputy directors-general
- The Process Plant and Machinery Association of India (PPMAI) has roped in Yatinder Pal Singh Suri as its new Chairman.
- The government waived service charges after demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of booking. The facility had been extended to June 30 and then September 30.
- The eighth edition of Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) began in Colombo.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for the financial year 2017-18.
- HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched Neo which is a servicing bot for Twitter.
- Scientists Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson won the 2017 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
Read Detailed Current Affairs Here
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here