- The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government has set up a high-level committee to evolve a strategy for management of the region’s water resources.
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India celebrated its golden jubilee
- Russia has floated out the world’s largest nuclear-powered icebreaker ship called Sibir.
- World Teachers' Day is also known as International Teachers Day is celebrated on 5th October 2017
- The Appointments Committee of the government has named Rajnish Kumar as the new chairman of SBI or the State Bank of India
- he World Health Organization (WHO) has appointed Soumya Swaminathan one of two deputy directors-general
- The Process Plant and Machinery Association of India (PPMAI) has roped in Yatinder Pal Singh Suri as its new Chairman.
- The government waived service charges after demonetisation in November last year to encourage digital modes of booking. The facility had been extended to June 30 and then September 30.
- The eighth edition of Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) began in Colombo.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for the financial year 2017-18.
- HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched Neo which is a servicing bot for Twitter.
- Scientists Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson won the 2017 Nobel Prize for Chemistry.
Read Detailed Current Affairs Here
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here