List of Agreements signed during 14th India-EU Summit :
|S. No.||Name of Agreement||Indian Signatory||EU Signatory|
|1.||Implementing Arrangement between the European Commission and the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) for Indian Researchers hosted by the European Research Council grantees in Europe||Dr R. Sharma (SERB Secretary)||Mr. Tomasz Kozlowski (EU Ambassador)|
|2.||Finance Contract of Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase-2-Line R6 for Euro 300 million out of total loan of Euro 500 million||Mr. Subhash Chandra Garg (Secretary, DEA)||Mr. Andrew McDowell (Vice President, EIB)|
|3.||Joint Declaration between the Interim Secretariat of the International Solar Alliance and the European Investment Bank||Mr UpendraTripathy (Secretary General, ISA Secretariat)||Mr. Andrew McDowell (Vice President, EIB)|
EU-INDIA JOINT STATEMENT ON CLEAN ENERGY AND CLIMATE CHANGEThe EU and India consider climate action and the clean energy transition as an imperative for the future development of our societies.
The EU and India furthermore intend to step up cooperation in areas of mutual importance to the clean energy transition, including:
- The implementation of climate action commitments
- Green cooling and sustainable refrigeration technologies
- Grid-integrated Solar Pumping
- Offshore wind
- Energy storage technologies
- Next generation solar cell
- Electric mobility
- Advanced biofuels
INDIA-EU JOINT STATEMENT ON COOPERATION IN COMBATING TERRORISMPrime Minister Narendra Modi, President Donald Tusk, and President Jean-Claude Juncker strongly condemned recent heinous terrorist attacks in India and the member states of the European Union
They reaffirmed their determination to jointly combat terrorism and violent extremism in all their forms and manifestations irrespective of their motivations, wherever and by whomever they are committed.
JOINT DECLARATION BETWEEN THE EU AND THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA ON A PARTNERSHIP FOR SMART & SUSTAINABLE URBANISATIONThe Republic of India and the European Union considered the ambition of both India and the European Union, which is
- To enhance EU-India cooperation on Urban Development with increasing involvement of Indian States and cities, EU Member States and regions/cities,
- Building on regular dialogues on issues such as infrastructure, energy, sanitation and water management,
- To promote dialogue and partnership/twinning between local, regional and state entities.
Other Important Statements:
- Both sides agreed to enhance the India-EU space cooperation, including Earth observation.
- The two sides expressed support to the Government and the people of Afghanistan in their efforts to achieve an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned national peace and reconciliation.
- The leaders noted the adoption of the report on "EU’s Political Relations with India” in the European Parliament and welcomed its recommendations.
- India and the EU agreed to strengthen cooperation in skills development and agreed to find complementarities and synergies between India’s Skill India initiative and the EU’s New Skills Agenda for Europe.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here