Banking and Financial Awareness
- Market regulator SEBI has announced to impose a penalty if a company violates the minimum public shareholding (MPS) norms.
- PNB MetLife India Insurance has appointed Ashish Srivastava as its new MD and CEO.
- The Reserve Bank of India is to launch a Financial Literacy Drive to educate people on financial awareness like e-transactions, in 9 states.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes has signed two more advance pricing agreements (APAs) with taxpayers, related to automobile and healthcare consulting sectors.
- Tata AIA Life launched Eazy Connect chatbot, a servicing tool for social media.
- The Government of Odisha and the State Bank of India have signed an MOU for integration of SBI e-Pay with the cyber treasury of the state.
- SBI has launched a new product called SME Assist ,to provide a short-term working capital loan to its MSME clients.
- Mastercard has announced the launch of its global research and development arm Mastercard Labs in Pune, India.
- State Bank of India is prepared to set Up Country's Largest Innovation Centre at Mumbai.
- In its latest World Economic Outlook, the IMF lowered India’s growth forecast for 2017 to 6.7% from its earlier estimate of 7.2 percent.
Read Complete Weekly Current Affairs in PDF
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here