Banking and Financial Awareness
- Income Tax department activated ‘Online Chat’ service to redress the grievances of the tax payers.
- SEBI has reconstituted its committee on market infrastructure institutions under the chairmanship of R Gandhi.
- RBI has guided banks to issue loans to rural women SHGs at 7 % under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Rural Livelihood Mission in 2017-2018.
- Private sector Bank, Yes Bank is to fund Rs.156 Crores for the STP- Sewage Treatment Plant at Varanasi under Namami Gange project.
- NITI Aayog forecasted that the GDP might grow to 6.9 to 7 % in the fiscal of 2017-2018 and to 7.5% in 2018-2019.
- Union Bank of India launched an app called Union Sahyog, which offers both English and Hindi.
- Yes Bank has partnered with an Abu Dhabi International Financial Center, for collaboration in financial technology systems in India and Saudi Arabia.
- Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) launched India’s first commodity options in gold.
- The Ministry of Finance has permitted all public sector banks and the top 3 private banks ( ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank) to accept deposits for Small savings schemes.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here