Banking and Financial Awareness
- RBI announced that from October 3, rupee-denominated overseas bonds (masala bonds) will no longer form part of the limit for FPI (Foreign portfolio investors) investments in corporate bonds.
- ADB, Asian Development Bank has lowered India's growth forecast for this fiscal to 7 %.
- IDBI Bank has launched ‘Project Nishchay’ along with The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to accelerate its turnaround programme and improve financial performance.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has launched The FTSE SBI Bond Index Series at London Stock Exchange. It is India’s first bond index series for overseas investors.
- SBI has lowered the minimum Average Monthly Balance required in a Savings Bank account to Rs.3000.
- ICICI launched a Cashback Home Loan Scheme, where 1 % cashback is offered on every EMI.
- Rajiv Mehrishi, who is Former Home Secretary, took over as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
- The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) will be headed by Bibek Debroy and Ratan Watal will serve as the principal adviser of the panel.
- Shashi Shankar was appointed as the CMD of oil producer ONGC, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Professor Royana Singh has been appointed as the first woman Chief proctor of the Banaras Hindu University.
- Hugh Hefner, the founder of Playboy magazine passed away.
- Veteran Actor Padma Shri Tom Alter passed away
Honour and Awards
- Maryna Viazovska of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland has been selected for the 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize.
- According to Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings of the year, India's Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has become world’s third-biggest energy company.
- Mahtab Bamji, former Scientist of National Institute of Nutrition has been selected for the Living Legend Award of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS).
- In the list of Most Powerful Women in business outside the United States released by Fortune Magazine, Chanda Kochar , MD CEO of ICICI Bank has secured fifth place and Shika Sharma, MD CEO of Axis Bank secured the 21st place.
- Recognised Odiya poet and short story writer Banaj Devi is to receive the 38th edition of the prestigious Sarala award for her short story compilation Kathapua.
- C.N.R Rao, a famous scientist is chosen for the Von Hippel Award for his immense contribution in materials research.
- International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is observed in 26 September
- World Tourism day is celebrated annually on September 27.
- World Rabies Day is observed annually on September 28, to raise awareness about rabies prevention.
- September 28 is celebrated as the World Maritime Day, as announced by the International Maritime Organisation.
- International day for Universal Access to information, declared by UN, is celebrated on September 28, 2017.
- 30 September is celebrated annually as International Translation Day, as declared by UN.
Books and Authors:
- Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio’ by Shri Rajesh Jain is a compilation of Narendra Modi’s addresses to the nation on radio every month under the programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
- The SherShah of Kargil, the biography of Captain Vikram Batra is written by 21 year Deepak Surana.
Index and Ranking:
- World Economic Forum (WEF) released the Global Competitiveness Report and India was placed at 40th spot among 137 countries.
- According to World Nuclear Industry Status released in September 2017, India has been ranked third in the world with respect to with six installed nuclear reactors.
- As per recent “World Nuclear Industry status report” India is third in the world in the number of nuclear reactors being installed.
MoUs and Partnerships
- Haryana ,a leading state in milk production is to receive the techniques and experience of Israel in milk production.
- India, Afghanistan and the US will conduct a joint trade and investment show in New Delhi.
- Maharashtra signed MoU with South Korea for increased cooperation in infrastructure projects.
- India and Norway has entered a bilateral partnership for cooperation in health sector.
- Air India tied up with Punjab National Bank and IndusInd Bank for securing loans to meet capital requirements.
Important News- World
- Pakistan and Russia held a two-week long military exercise, the second edition of DRUZBA 2017 (Friendship-2017).
- A month-long Incredible India program in Cairo has been organised by the Embassy of India, Cairo.
- Japan's loan is to be used for 100 Billion Dollars DMIC ,Delhi-Mumbai Industrial corridor project.
- Angela Merkel won a fourth term as the Chancellor of Germany in the recently held elections.
- Joao Lourenco became the new president of Angola after 38 years.
- Saudi Arabia has allowed a decree allowing a women allowing to drive from June 2018.
Important News- India
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched “Incredible India 2.0 Campaign”, “Adopt a Heritage” project on World Tourism Day.
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for implementation of umbrella scheme of "Modernisation of Police Forces (MPF)" for years 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 13th Formation Day of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- The Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) of the Ministry of Women & Child Development has started a monthly “Jan Sampark” program.
- Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan has launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) & “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System”
- For effective implementation of National Child Labour Project, Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched PENCIL Portal.
- The Kandla Port of Gujarat has been renamed as Deendayal Port from 25th September 2017.
- A panel of Economic advisors to help the government to analyse and advise on key issues is constituted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana also called ‘Saubhagya’, to provide electricity to four crore families in rural and urban areas by December 2018.
President of India appointed
- Banwarilal Purohit as the Governor of Tamil Nadu,
- Brig. (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd.) as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh,
- Satya Pal Malik as the Governor of Bihar,
- Jagdish Mukhi as the Governor of Assam and
- Ganga Prasad as the Governor of Meghalaya.
Science and Technology:
- A new interceptor boat V-409 built by Bharati Defence and infrastructure limited was launched at Mangalore.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched Divyang Sarathi Mobile app, to empower the physically challenged people.
- INS Tarasa, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft intended for extended coastal and offshore surveillance and patrolling, was commissioned into the Indian Navy.
- ISRO's Mars Orbiter Mission has completed three full years in orbit.
- Twitter announced a test project, where it allows 280 words in a tweet, from the existing 140 words.
Important News- States
- The Karnataka government has launched ‘Vision-2025’ project, which aims at evolving a draft policy for development of the state in next seven years.
- The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Assam and NITI Aayog launched SATH Program, Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital.
- Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched at Isanpur-Mota village of Gujarat.
- ‘Pralay Sahayam’, a multi-agency exercise, was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake in Hyderabad.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has organized Hunar Haat in Puducherry, to provide opportunity to master artisans.
- Odisha launched Sampurna Yojana for benefitting pregnant women.
- 57th National Open Athletics Championships 2017 has commenced at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai.
- Mary Kom has become the first Indian to be picked as the International Boxing Association (AIBA) representative for IOC Athlete's forum.
- Indian Cricket Team becomes World Number 1 , in both ICC ODI and Test Rankings.
- India is to host South Asian Boxing Championship at Guwahati, city of Assam.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here