Banking and Financial Awareness
- 23rd GST Council meeting was held in Guwahati, Assam in which the council decided to slash tax rate on a wide range of mass use items
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has simplified the Foreign Exchange Management Regulations, to encourage investments.
- Bank of China has formally started its operations in Pakistan. The first branch was opened at Karachi.
- The government has doubled the import duty on wheat to 20 percent.
- The government of India has formed a panel of experts, led by M Vinod Kumar to review the laws governing goods and services tax.
- HDFC bank has announced to make online transactions through RTGS and NEFT free of cost from November 1, 2017.
- After 7th Pay Commission, the Home Loan limit for central government employees has been raised from Rs.7.5 Lakh to Rs.25 Lakh.
- RBI released new outsourcing norms for NBFCs that they cannot outsource Core management functions.
- Federal Bank got a grant from RBI to open branches in Kuwait and Singapore.
- IDFC Bank has partnered with mobile wallet Mobikwik for launching a prepaid card.
- Digital Payment company PayPal launched domestic operations in India.
- ICICI launched India’s first Voice based International Remittance Service by partnering with Tech Giant Apple.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has appointed Sanjeev Kaushik a whole-time member of the board.
- Hasmukh Adhia, Revenue Secretary has been named as the new Finance Secretary.
- Famous Author and Padma Shri awardee Manu Sharma passed away.
- A. G. Milkha Singh, Veteran Indian cricketer passed away.
Honour and Awards
- Thumri Queen late Girija Devi will be honoured with the prestigious Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement, posthumously.
- CMC Skills’ Founder Ms. Maya Swaminathan Sinha was conferred with the 'Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017' by ASSOCHAM.
- Veteran actor Mohan Joshi was conferred with the prestigious Vishnudas Bhave award 2017.
- UNHCR, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to be conferred with Mother Teresa Memorial Award 2017.
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance wins “General Insurance company of the year” 2017.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here