Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Small Finance Banks and Payment Banks to offer Atal Pension Yojana.
- Mr Arun Jaitley launched CriSidEx, India’s first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises (MSEs) developed jointly by CRISIL & SIDBI.
- Paytm, Alibaba’s AGTech Holdings Launch New Mobile Gaming Platform.
- IOB Receives Rs173 Cr Capital Infusion from Government.
- Axis Bank Launches 4th Edition of “Evolve”.
- CRISIL Upgrades Outlook On 18 PSBs from Negative to Stable.
- SBI to provide credit cards to farmers.
- Usha Ananthasubramanian Becomes 1st Woman IBA Chief.
- John Hennessy Appointed Alphabet's New Board Chairman.
- IOA Joint Secretary Vikram Singh Sisodia Named Chef-De-Mission for CWG.
- Neelam Kapur Appointed DG of Sports Authority of India.
- Lt. Gen Anil Chauhan Takes Charge as DGMO of Indian Army.
- Indian-American Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen to Lead USISPF Board.
- B A Chopade has been appointed as the vice-chancellor of Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
Honour and Awards
- Shabnam Asthana was awarded the Times Power Women of the Year 2017.
- Shyam Benegal Awarded V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Magahi Writer Shesh Anand Madhukar Awarded Sahitya Akademi's Bhasha Samman.
- Asha Bhosle to Get Yash Chopra Memorial Award.
- Soumitra Chatterjee presented with France’s Legion d’Honneur.
MOU’s and Agreement
- India and Cambodia Sign 4 MoUs
- Government Signs $250 Million Loan Agreement with ADB.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited Signs MoU with Russian Firm USC.
- India Joins Ashgabat Agreement.
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) signed project agreement with World Bank and for Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP).
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Russian Firm United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) to develop specialized vessels for Inland and Coastal shipping.
Important News- World
- UAE Launches World's Longest Zip Line.
- Rwanda Becomes 1st Poor Country to Provide Eye Care for All.
- The 60th Annual Grammy Awards were held at Madison Square Garden in the New York City, the USA.
- Album of the year: "24K Magic," Bruno Mars
- Record of the year: "24K Magic," Bruno Mars
- Song of the year: "That's What I Like," Bruno Mars
- UAE Launches World's Longest Zip Line.
- Finland re-elects Sauli Niinisto as its President.
- World Leprosy Day – January 28
- Indian Coast Guard celebrated its 41st Foundation Day on 1st February 2018,
- World Wetlands Day - February 2nd
- “Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future" as the theme.
- The world's oldest man Francisco Nunez Olivera has died.
- Veteran Actor Louis Zorich passes away.
- BJP MP Chintaman Wanaga passes away.
- Senior journalist Daya Nath Singh passes away.
- Chhattisgarh’s first Governor D N Sahay passes away.
- agricultural scientist G S Kalkat passes away.
Important News- India
- Pulse Polio Programme for 2018 Launched by the President of India.
- Daan Toilet Initiative by Jorhat Administration.
- India Leading in Global Coconut Production.
- Government launches e-marketplace GeM 3.0.
- According to a report by New World Wealth, India has been ranked sixth in the list of wealthiest countries with a total wealth of USD 8,230 billion.
- According to GOBankingRates Survey India is the 2nd cheapest country to live in South Africa.
- India’s Crude Steel Production Rises 6.2% To 101.4 MT in 2017.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj has returned home after successful completion of the goodwill visit to Nepal.
- 7th India Energy Congress Held in New Delhi.
- India to Host Informal WTO Ministerial Gathering in New Delhi.
- FY16 GDP Growth Revised Up to 8.2%, FY17 Unchanged at 7.1%- CSO.
- India has slipped to 42nd place on an annual Global Democracy Index.
- The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun in Faridabad, Haryana. This year Uttar Pradesh is the theme state and Kyrgyzstan is the Partner Nation.
- Aadhaar Is Oxford Dictionary’s Hindi Word of 2017.
- First Ever 'Khadi Haat' Inaugurated in Delhi.
- Government to launch KUSUM scheme to encourage farmers for solar farming.
- India becomes third largest producer of crude steel.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here