Banking and Financial Awareness:
- The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley launched CriSidEx, India's first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises (MSEs).
- 6th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement released by RBI
- The repo rate was kept unchanged at 6 percent.
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF (liquidity adjustment facility) remains at 5.75 percent, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the bank rate at 6.25 percent.
- RBI to Set up Ombudsman for NBFCs.
- RBI: Base Rate to be Linked with MCLR.
- IndusInd Bank Launches New Sonic Identity, A Musical Logo.
- Mahmud Hossain appointed new Chief Justice of Bangladesh.
- Jerome H Powell Sworn in as 16th Chairman of Federal Reserve.
- NPCI Appoints Biswamohan Mahapatra as Non-Executive Chairman.
- Indra Nooyi Becomes ICC's 1st Independent Female Director.
- Hardayal Prasad Appointed SBI Card MD & CEO.
Honour and Awards
- The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has been ranked the top environment policy think tanks in India.
MOU’s and Agreement
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed a project agreement with the World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project on river Ganga.
- Assam Government, Ola Sign MoU for River Taxi Service.
- India and Palestine Sign 6 MoUs.
- Ministry of Railways sign MoU with Ministry of AYUSH.
Important News- World
- Sri Lanka celebrated its 70th anniversary of Independence Day on 4th February 2018.
- Dubai Retains Rank as World’s Busiest International Airport in 2017.
- Bermuda Becomes 1st Country in World to Abolish Same-Sex Marriage.
- Sweden Commits Record $370m of Aid to UN World Food Programme.
- Maldives Crisis- Government Declares State of Emergency.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here