Banking and Financial Awareness:
- New DG of PIB (Press Information Bureau) – Sitanshu Ranjan Kar.
- Subhash Chandra Appointed as the New Chairman of IRDA.
- Vineet Joshi appointed 1st DG of NTA (National Testing Agency).
- Radhakrishnan Nair appointed as Independent Director of ICICI Bank.
- Justin Langer Appointed Head Coach of Australian Cricket Team.
- Hockey India Appoints Harendra Singh as Chief Coach of Men's Team.
- WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum Quits Facebook.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Chandrapur and Ballarshah railway stations in Maharashtra have bagged the first prize in the "most beautiful" stations category of the Indian Railways.
- Neeraj Goyat has been honoured with WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award.
- Legendary Singer Asha Bhosle Honored with PC Chandra Puraskaar.
- India at 11th Spot in AT Kearney FDI Confidence Index 2018, USA Tops.
- Former AIFF President P P Lakshaman passes away.
- Eminent Economist Ashok Mitra Passes Away.
- Renowned Artist-Philosopher Ravinder Sharma Passes Away.
- MOU’s, Agreement and Summits
- Maharashtra Govt. Signs MoU with British Council.
- MoU Signed Between PHDCCI, Indian Yoga Association to Promote Yoga.
- 9th India Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- NITI Aayog to Collaborate with IBM to Develop Precision Agriculture Using AI.
- PGCIL Inks Pact with Power Ministry for Rs. 25,000 Crore Capex.
- 12th Informal Meeting of SAARC Finance Ministers Held in Manila.
Important News- World
- Venkaiah Naidu On 5-Day Visit to South America.
- California Surpasses UK to Become World's 5th Largest Economy.
- UK marketing analytics firm Cambridge Analytica, which has been at the heart of the Facebook data scandal, Shuts Down All Its Operations.
- Dominican Republic Establishes Ties with China, Breaks with Taiwan.
- 1st May – International Workers Day / Labour Day.
- World Press Freedom Day – 3rd May, Theme is “Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and the Rule of Law”.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here