Banking and Financial Awareness:
- SIDBI to Extend Direct Funding Facility to VLEs in CSCs.
- Bank of Baroda Locates Major Operations at GIFT City.
- SBI Reports Loss of Rs. 7,718 Crore in March Quarter.
- RBI Slaps Rs5-Cr Penalty On South Indian Bank.
- Amit Khare to be Appointed as New I&B Secretary.
- Rajinder Singh Appointed as New Hockey India President.
- Justice C K Prasad Likely to Become PCI Chief for 2nd Time.
- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has promoted Stacey Cunningham to President, making her the first sole woman head of the 226-year-old exchange.
- Ganeshi Lal and Kummanam Rajasekharan were appointed as Governors of Odisha and Mizoram.
- Airtel Payments Bank Appoints Anubrata Biswas as MD and CEO.
- Barbados Elects Mia Mottley as 1st Female Prime Minister.
- HD Kumaraswamy Took Oath as New Karnataka CM.
- Pravin Agrawal Appointed BHEL Director.
- Venezuela's President Maduro Wins Re-Election.
- Anil Kumar Jha Appointed CMD of Coal India.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- India:6th Wealthiest Country as per AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review 2018.
- Man Booker International Prize for English translation of ‘Flights.
- As per the annual rankings compiled by International Institute for Management Development (IMD), India ranks 44th.
- INSV Tarini Team Conferred Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017.
- CSIR Bags Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award 2018.
- Lionel Messi Wins European Golden Shoe for The 5th Time.
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran Wins T.K. Ramanathan Award for 2017-18.
- India Stands 44th In Competitive Rankings, USA Tops.
- India 145th In Healthcare Access, Quality, Iceland Tops, according to a Lancet study.
- India’s Q4 GDP Growth Likely at 7.4%: ICRA Report.
- Alan Bean, 4th Man to Walk On the Moon Died.
- Telugu Writer Yaddanapudi Sulochana Rani Passes Away.
MOU’s, Agreement and Summits
- NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with ABB to make India Artificial Intelligence ready.
- PM of Netherlands Inaugurates Indo-Dutch Ganga Forum.
- 5th India CLMV Business Conclave Held in Cambodia.
- PM Modi Leaves for Sochi for Informal Summit with Russian President.
- Finance Ministry Ties Up with 40 Companies Under Mudra Scheme.
- Ministry of Railway & Rail Vikas Nigam Limited Sign MoU.
- Mission Innovation Ministerial Meeting Held in Sweden.
- Prime Minister Modi Chairs 26th Pragati Interaction.
Important News- World
- 1st Floating Nuclear Power Plant Unveiled by Russia.
- According to an analysis by the National Crime Agency (NCA), Pakistan has been identified among three main source countries for money laundering in the UK.
- Indo-Dutch Ganga Forum Inaugurated by the PM of Netherlands.
- Mission Innovation (MI) Ministerial Held at Malmo, Sweden.
- Nepal -1st country in South East Asia to eliminate Trachoma.
- SCO Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) meeting held in Pakistan.
- Netherlands PM Mark Rutte Arrives in India.
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa On 4-Day Visit to Israel.
- The International Day for Biological Diversity is celebrated annually on May 22.
- The theme is “Celebrating 25 Years of Action for Biodiversity”.
- Anti-Terrorism Day: 21 May
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here