Banking and Financial Awareness:
- NHAI Signs MoU with SBI of Rs 25000 Crore Long Term Unsecured Loan for 10 years with 3 years of moratorium on repayments.
- India's GDP Growth to Rise to 7.5% This Fiscal by Morgan Stanley.
- RBI Hikes Repo Rate by 25 Bps to 6.5%.
- Mauritius’s SBM (State Bank of Mauritius) gets RBI approval for subsidiary.
- NABARD Sanctions Rs772 Crore for Water Projects in Haryana.
- HDFC Life inks pact with Vijaya Bank to sell insurance products, aimed at serving the semi urban rural regions where the insurance products don’t have a reach.
- Surendra Rosha appointed as HSBC India CEO.
- Renu Satti Quits as Paytm Payments Bank CEO, will now head Paytm's new retail initiative.
- Anurag Sachan appointed MD of Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd. (DFCCIL).
- Veteran Bengali Writer Ramapada Chowdhury Passes Away.
- Former FTII director John Sankaramangalam passes away.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Mathematician Akshay Venkatesh Wins Prestigious Fields Medal, known as the Nobel prize for math.
- Mohun Bagan ‘Ratna’, the highest honour of Mohun Bagan club was awarded to former India international Pradip Chowdhury.
- The INFRA Icon Award in the ‘Global Energy’ category - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
- India has ranked 96th to break into the top 100 of the United Nation’s E-Government Development Index (EGDI) 2018.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here