Banking and Financial Awareness:
- The Reserve Bank of India has released new guidelines for all notes which were introduced post note ban, or notes which were introduced as part of the Mahatma Gandhi New Series.
- Government has doubled the monetary limit up to 20 lakh rupees for filing loan recovery application in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT) by banks and financial institutions.
- HDFC ERGO, a non-life insurance provider, announced the launch of a Cyber Insurance Policy for individuals 'E@Secure', for providing comprehensive protection to individuals and their families against any cyber-attacks, cyber frauds or digital threats.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned Rs 335 crore to West Bengal under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed all scheduled commercial banks with more than 10 branches to appoint an Internal Ombudsman (IO) to ensure that the complaints of the customers are redressed.
- Temasek, Singapore-based global investment firm has signed an agreement to invest up to Rs 2,750 crore ($400 million) in the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund’s (NIIF)
- Mauritius was the top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India in 2017-18 followed by Singapore, according to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data.
- Indian Boxer Mary Kom Signed as Brand Ambassador of BSNL.
- Arif-ur-Rehman Alvi elected as the 13th President of Pakistan.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi will become the 46th Chief Justice of India after Dipak Misra.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Odia poet Satrughna Pandav honoured with the prestigious 'Sarala Puraskar' for his poetry collection 'Misra Dhrupad'.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was honoured with the Meryl Streep Award for Excellence at the Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India Award.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here