Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed state-owned oil companies to borrow long-term working capital from overseas up to 10 billion US dollar.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched Udyam Abhilasha, a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog.
- State Bank of India has slashed the daily withdrawal limit on its classic debit card from Rs 40,000 to Rs 20,000 effective from October 31st 2018.
- World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) Appoints Vikram Limaye as Chairman of Working Committee.
- Sanjay Verma Appointed India’s Ambassador to Spain.
- Ranjan Gogoi has sworn-in as 46th Chief Justice of India.
- Rangachari Sridharan Appointed Chairperson of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA).
- Gita Gopinath, India-born Harvard University professor has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Honour, Awards and Ranks
Winners of Nobel Prize
|Denis Mukwege (Congo) and Nadia Murad (Iraq)||Peace||efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict|
|James P Allison (USA) and Tasaku Honjo (Japan)||Physiology or Medicine||discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation|
|Arthur Ashkin (USA), Gerard Mourou (France)
and Donna Strickland (Canada)
|Physics||for ground-breaking inventions in the field of laser physics|
|(a) one half to Frances H. Arnold (USA)
(b) other half jointly to George P. Smith (USA) and Sir Gregory P. Winter (UK)
|Chemistry||(a) for the directed evolution of enzymes
(b) for the phage display of peptides and antibodies
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has won the ‘ISSA Good Practice Award’ for Administrative Solution for Coverage Extension at the “Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here