Banking and Financial Awareness:
- For the development of human resources, State Bank of India has signed a MoU with Kathmandu-based National Banking Institute (NBI).
- For the Current Year (July 2018-June 2019), National Housing Bank (NHB) has decided to increase the Refinance Limit from Rs. 24,000 crores to Rs. 30,000 crores towards refinancing eligible institutions.
- Pravin Srivastava, appointed as the Chief Statistician of India (CSI).
- Mahesh Reddy Takes Over as PHDCCI Secretary-General.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- World's largest telecom tower company (outside China), Indus Towers, won the Deming Prize for 2018.
- Japan surpassed Singapore to have the most powerful passport, according to 2018 Henley Index.
- India ranked 147th in Oxfam world inequality index, by UK-based charity ‘Oxfam International’s report.
- Legendary musician Annapurna Devi has passed away.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here