Banking and Financial Awareness:
- India's 1st Cryptocurrency ATM where Users can deposit money to buy currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum using an OTP received on their registered numbers. Installed in Bengaluru.
- BankBazaar has appointed S S Mundra former RBI Deputy Governor as an advisor.
- Nimesh Shah, has been elected as Chairman of trade body, Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- Priyank Kanoongo appointed to the post of Chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR).
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- In recognition of the work for rural electrification Union Minister Piyush Goyal will receive the prestigious Carnot Prize from the Ivy League University of Pennsylvania.
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018 Bagged by Marsel Van Oosten for the image, called "The Golden Couple,".
- Arshdeep Singh, a 10-year-old boy from Punjab, has won the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award in 10 Years and Under category given by UK's Natural History Museum, for the picture titled 'Pipe Owls'.
- Suheil Tandon Wins International Olympic Committee Award for his contribution to sports for development.
- The 2018 Man Booker Prize won by Irish author Anna Burns for her novel 'Milkman'.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here