Banking and Financial Awareness:
- IDFC Bank proposed to change its name to 'IDFC First Bank Ltd' for its amalgamation with the non-banking financial company Capital First.
- Fino Payments Bank, has been allowed to open new accounts by RBI.
- For enhancing climate resilience for millions of people living in India's coastal communities, UN-backed fund Green Climate Fund (GCF) has approved US $43.4 million.
- Sahle-Work Zewde appointed as first-ever female President of Ethiopia.
- Satish K Gupta Appointed as MD & CEO of Paytm Payments Bank.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- A 23-year old Indian scientist, Roopam Sharma, won the World Health Summit Startup award, 2018 for his invention, Manovue – the world’s first intelligent personal assisting system for the visually impaired.
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML), received the prestigious ‘Top Challengers Award 2018’ for the excellent performance during the financial year 2017-18.
- For the contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth, Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018.
- Invest India’ initiative of the Union Government won the top United Nations Investment Promotion Award in recognition of its efforts to boost investments in the renewable energy sector in India.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here