Banking and Financial Awareness:
- For failing to stick to shareholding rules, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred Bandhan Bank from opening new branches and also ordered the freezing of the bank's CEO salary.
- A Mobile app called Jan Dhan Darshak has been developed by the Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC), as a part of financial inclusion (FI) initiative.
- BRICS' New Development Bank has approved a $525-million loan for infrastructure projects in India.
- To boost employment in Madhya Pradesh, Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved a $150 million loan to establish the first multi-skills park.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved financing of up to $500 million for a multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) infrastructure project in at least 10 cities of Tamil Nadu.
- To collaborate on creating a dual listing route for masala bonds and foreign currency bonds of Indian issuers, National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Vikram Misri Appointed as India's Next Ambassador to China.
- Google’s privacy lawyer, Keith Enright, appointed as Chief Privacy Officer of Google.
- Anil Khosla appointed as new Vice Chief of Air Force.
- Former Hotstar CEO Ajit Mohan appointed as Facebook’s Vice-President and Managing Director of its India operations.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Badminton player PV Sindhu is the only sportsperson to feature in the Forbes India’s first ‘tycoons of tomorrow’ list of 22 young achievers in the fields of business, acting and sports.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here