Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Kirloskar group received licence from the Reserve Bank to launch a non-banking finance company (NBFC), Kirloskar Capital.
- for establishing a card acceptance and digital payment platform, State Bank of India (SBI) and payments solution provider Hitachi Payment Services India has entered into an agreement to form a joint venture.
- HDFC Bank had announced that the RBI had approved the re-appointment of Aditya Puri as MD and CEO of the bank for another two years.
- Jair Bolsonaro has won Brazil’s presidential election.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Indian Air Force has organised a two-day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, New Delhi.
- Harvard University Honoured Malala Yousafzai by Gleitsman Award .
- Miss Grand International 2018 title 6th edition won by Miss Paraguay Clara Sosa as the beauty pageant in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Simona Halep placed her name as first recipient of the Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No.1 Trophy by winning the match.
- India jumped 23 positions in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index 2019, now ranked 77 out of 190 countries in 2018.
- Former Delhi chief minister Madan Lal Khurana passed away.
- Playwright, poet and author NtozakeShange passed away.
- Padma Shri Professor QaziAbdussattar, a noted Urdu writer passed away.
- National Unity Day - 31st October.
- The Vigilance Awareness Week - from 29th October to 3 November, theme ‘Eradicate Corruption – Build A New India’.
MOU’s, Agreement and Summits
- First WHO Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health took place at WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2-day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) organised by Indian Air Forceat Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, New Delhi.
- To deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy, first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property has been launched in Delhi
- Netherlands has been added as the new Partner Country 25th DST – CII Technology Summit to be organized in 2019.
- PM Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe attended the 13th Annual Summit between India and Japan in Tokyo .
Important news – world
- To support sustainable marine and fisheries projects, Seychelles launched the world’s first Sovereign Blue Bond.
- Istanbul has officially opened the world’s largest airport terminal “under one roof” with a capacity to serve 90 million passengers.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here