Banking and Financial Awareness:
- To take the load off the increasing number of complaints currently being handled by the banking ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India is likely to establish an ombudsman for digital payments by March 2019.
- To capture all the details of borrowers, including wilful defaulters and also the pending legal suits in order to check financial delinquencies, The Reserve Bank of India has set up a digital Public Credit Registry (PCR).
- Gafur Rakhimov, Uzbekistan’s businessman, was elected president of the International Boxing Association (AIBA).
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- Indian mountaineer, Arunima Sinha, has been awarded an honorary doctorate by a prestigious UK university for her inspirational achievements.
- French scholar Jawahar Lal Sarin was presented with France's highest civilian honour Chevalier de la Lgion d’Honneur, for his outstanding contribution to enhancing Indo-French cultural cooperation and promoting French language.
- India has overtaken US to become second largest smartphone market in the July-September 2018 quarter, According to Canalys.
- National Cancer Awareness Day – 7th November
- National Ayurveda Day – 5th November
- theme - “Ayurveda for Public health”.
- World Tsunami Awareness Day: November 5
MOU’s, Agreement and Summits
- To enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalized farmers in Andhra Pradesh, The Central and Andhra Pradesh governments and the World Bank have signed the loan agreement for a $172.20 million project.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here