Banking and Financial Awareness:
- Security and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) announced a new rule for re-classification of a promoter as a public investor.
- For retail investors to buy government securities, National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has launched a mobile application and web-based platform named “NSE goBID”.
- An alternative asset manager and a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets, SBICAP Ventures (SVL), has launched two funds for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and affordable housing sectors.
- To examine issues related to the surplus capital of Rs 9.69 lakh crore with the central bank, RBI board decided to set up a high-powered committee for restructuring stressed assets in the MSME sector.
- For resolving large bad loans, the chairman of a bankers’ panel, Sunil Mehta, had announced that an asset management company (AMC) has been formed and will be called as Sashakt India Asset Management.
- From November 15 to February 28, Karnataka Bank has launched a special campaign for opening current account and savings accounts (CASA).
- To fight for child rights, singer Nahid Afrin of Assam has been appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the northeastern region by the UNICEF.
- Facebook Inc.-owned messaging service WhatsApp has appointed Abhijit Bose as head of WhatsApp India.
Honour, Awards and Ranks
- 8th Forbes India Leadership Awards (FILA), which has had 9 categories to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of CEOs, entrepreneurs and business leaders of diverse backgrounds, was released in Mumbai.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here