Banking and Financial Awareness:
- State Bank of India increased fixed deposit rates
- 6.8% interest rate on FDs with maturity period of one to two years, earlier it was 6.7%.
- 7.30% for senior citizens with tenure between one year and two years, from 7.2% earlier.
- for violating stock broker norms, SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) has fined brokerage house Anand Rathi Rs 1 lakh.
- Reserve Bank has relaxed norms for External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) by reducing the mandatory hedging provision to 70% from the current 100% between 3 and 5 years.
- Anil Manibhai Naik appointed as the Chairman of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- Arvind Saxena appointed as the Chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- scientist Nageshwara Rao Guntur appointed as the Chairperson of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB).
- IAS officer Sunil Arora appointed as the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC).
- United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has appointed singer Nahid Afrin of Assam as the first 'Youth Advocate' of the north-eastern region to fight for child rights.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (IDEVAW) - 25 November. Theme - "Orange the World: #HearMeToo".
- Indian Constitution Day - 26 November.
- National Cadets Corps (NCC) day - fourth Sunday of November.
- Indian Organ Donation Day - 27 November
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here