- India has set the target to eliminate Tuberculosis in India by 2025.
- To evolve a strategy in this regard, India has put in place National Strategic Plan 2017 – 2025 which sets out the government plans of how the elimination of TB can be achieved.
- Elimination of a disease is defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as there should be less than 1 case of TB for a population of a million people.
- India is now the second largest consumer and importer of the LPG in the world.
- Import of LPG The import of LPG grew by 12.5 per cent over the past five years
- India now stands at the second position when it comes to the import of LPG surpassing Japan.
- India is at second place behind China.
- PM Narendra Modi laid Foundation Stone for the Sela Tunnel Project in Arunachal Pradesh across Sela Pass.
- PM Narendra Modi launched various developmental works in the state of Arunachal Pradesh which includes DD Arunprabha – a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel for Arunachal Pradesh.
- The government of Meghalaya has decided to rename the Dikkibandi stadium after P A Sangma.
- The Sarthi Sandesh Vahini vehicles were flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- The Uttar Pradesh state family welfare department has initiated the Sarthi Sandesh Vahini mission to spread awareness regarding family planning in urban and rural areas.
Know India Programme
- Ministry of External Affairs
- It is a flagship initiative for Diaspora engagement which familiarizes Indian-origin youth (18-30 years) with their Indian roots and contemporary India
- It was a three-week programme in existence since 2003
- In 2016, the scheme was revamped to increase duration from 21 to 25 days, with a 10-day visit to one or two States and preference given to PIOs from Girmitiya countries.
- Since 2016, six KIPs are being organised in a year.
- An online portal (kip.gov.in) has been launched in 2017 exclusively for Know India Programme.
- A maximum of 40 Indian Diaspora youth are selected for each programme and provided full hospitality in India.
- 90% of the total cost of international airfare is also paid by the Ministry.
- The entire process of applying, processing etc. is now through a portal (kip.gov.in).
- The government of Assam has announced a new scheme called Arundhati to provide gold at free of cost to the brides.
- Under the scheme, the government of Assam aims to provide 1 Tola Gold to brides belonging to all such communities of Assam where it is customary to provide gold at the time of the wedding.
- The government has set aside Rs 300 cr has been for the implementation of the Arundhati Scheme.
- The benefit under Arundhati scheme can be availed upon formal registration of marriages under Special Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954 & the gold will reach beneficiaries right in time for the social marriage. The scheme is limited for economically weaker sections, whose annual income is below Rs 5 lakh.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here