NATIONAL EVENTSAzaadi Ke Diwane’ museum built by the Archaeological Survey of India has been inaugurated on the Red Fort premises.
- It is dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle.
- The museum stands fifth in a series after Subhash Chandra Bose Museum; INA museum; Yaad-e-Jallian museum; Museum on 1857 (on the country’s first war of Independence) Drishyakala (a museum on Indian Art) — on the sacrifices of India’s freedom fighters
- Digital Disha Programme across 100 schools under the Atal Tinkering Labs will be opened under this programme
- Adobe would provide Adobe Spark applications which is a storytelling Creative Cloud application free of charge for education and skill development.
- The aim of National Mineral Policy 2019 is to have a more effective, meaningful and implementable policy that brings in further transparency, better regulation and enforcement, balanced social and economic growth
- It aims to encourage private sector to take up exploration, encouragement of merger/acquisition of mining entities and transfer of mining leases
- Creation of dedicated mineral corridors to boost private sector mining areas.
- Long-term import export policy for mineral will help private sector in better planning and stability in business
- Reserved areas given to PSUs which have not been used and to put these areas to auction
- It is IRCTC’s own payment aggregator system to promote government’s Digital India initiative.
- It provides payment options like credit card, debit card, UPI (Unified Payment Interface), International Card and an option of IRCTC prepaid card cum wallet, auto debit will also be available soon.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Uber to provide free healthcare services to Uber drivers.
- Drivers have to pay Rs 30 to get Ayushman Bharat Card and can avail the benefits – no charges for pre-hospitalisation, hospitalisation and posthospitalisation expenses.
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme or ModiCare is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission of MoHFW in India
- PM Modi launches the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) called “One Nation One Card”
- The main aim of this card is to make the payment system easier for all mode of public transport.
- This initiative was conceived by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
- It has been launched as part of the National Urban Transport Policy (NUTP 2006) by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
INTERNATIONAL EVENTSZero Value to Mark the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- Numisbing Group a UAE based company will release 12 bank notes of zero value which is the first ever limited edition commemorative series to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The special notes have been designed by Dubai-based Indian artist Akbar Saheb who is also the main illustrator for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's book "Mann Ki Baat".
STATE EVENTSPunjab will launch Mera Kam-Mera Abhiman’ - Employment generation programme for the urban youth in Punjab to “ensure dignity of labour”.
- The programme is part of the State government’s ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar and Karobar’ mission.
- The aim of this mission is to provide one job for each family in a time-bound manner and the scheme would certainly reach out to every household.
- Under this Scheme, around fifty thousand Youths who have passed out of ITI and polytechnic institutes will be eligible to get financial support of Rs One Lakh from the state MSME department to set up their own business initiatives.
- The farmers of the state who cultivate on land with areas up to five acres and the families with an income of less than Rs. 15,000 per month are covered under this scheme
- Each beneficiary family will have to nominate one member of the family who would be eligible for a financial assistance of Rs. 6,000 every
- The scheme provides insurance facilities of- Rs. 2 lakh on natural death for accidental death and permanent disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability.
- permanent disability and Rs. 1 lakh for partial disability.
|Category I: Age 18-40 years||Category 2: Age 40 to 60 years|
|Rs 6000 per year in 3 instalments of rs 2000||Rs 6000 per year in 3 instalments of rs 2000|
|Rs 36,000 after 5 years of joining||Rs 36,000 after 5 years of joining|
|On age of 60 year, Rs 3,000 and Rs 15,000|
|Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000 after 5 years.|
Karnataka state govt. has launched new water conservation scheme – ‘Jal Amrutha’
- The scheme plans to make people aware about the importance of conserving water
- Karnataka government has declared 2019 as the Year of Water.
Janibili Drinking Water Project was inaugurated for Berhampur and rural areas of Ganjam district in state of Odisha to resolve the drinking water crisis.
- Along with this, Smart park Scheme was also launched for 114 urban centres in the State under which 200 parks will be developed (launched as a part of ‘Unnati’ Yojana).
- UNNATI yojana was launched in 2017 to bring all round inclusive development of urban areas
- The state government has decided to provide 100 percent piped water supply in all wards and LED street lighting to all streets in all urban areas of the state.
Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata
- A new scheme - ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ has been launched in Odisha for providing financial assistance to craftsmen.
- Craftsmen with 10 years of experience with annual income below Rs.1 lakh are eligible to get an assistance of Rs.800 per month.
- The craftsmen above 80 years of age having same annual income and same experience would get Rs 1000 per month allowance.
SPORTSInternational Shooting Sports Federation
- India ranked 1st in International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) World Cup held in New Delhi, India.
- Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker claimed gold medal in 10m Air Pistol Mixed team event
- Saurabh Chaudhary finished top of the 10m Air Pistol category
- Apurvi Chandela bagged the gold medal in Women’s 10m Rifle
AWARDS AND HONOURS
|DRDO Chairman G. Satheesh Reddy (with Rondell J. Wilson)|| |
2019 Missile Systems Award by American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
|Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman||Bhagwan Mahavir Ahimsa Puraskar by Akhil Bharatiya Digambar Jain Mahasamiti|
|Hailakandi in Assam||Top Aspirational District by Delta ranking report released by NITI Aayog.|
|Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA)||SKOCH award|
|Indore||The cleanest city by Swachh Survekshan Awards 2019|
|Thanga Darlong||First Atal Bihari Vajpayee Life Time Award|
|Indian Bank||Best Bank Award by Tamil Nadu government for meeting the needs of Women's Self-Help Groups (SHGs).|
|Arata Isozaki||2019 Pritzker Architecture Prize|
|Person Appointed||Designation and Organisation|
|Hasmukh Adhia||Non-Executive Chairman of Bank of Baroda|
|Nagendra Nath Sinha||Chairman of National Highways Authority of India.|
|Anil Kumble||Chairman of ICC Committee|
|Ajit Kumar Mohanty||Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre|
|Randhir Singh||Chairman of the Coordination Committee of the 2022 Hangzhou Asian Games|
|Kaja Kallas.||First female Prime Minister of Estonia|
|Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah||President of Olympic Council of Asia.|
GOVT. SCHEMEPradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has launched the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal Awashesh Nivaran) Yojana for providing financial support to integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock.
- The scheme aims to incentivise 2G Ethanol sector and support this industry by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up commercial projects and increasing Research & Development in this area.
Gram Samridhi Yojana
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries is set to launch Gram Samridhi Yojana — to foster the unorganised food processing sector concentrated in rural areas
- Out of Rs 3,000 crore, Rs 1,500 cr is being provided by the World Bank, Rs 1,000 crore by the Union government and Rs 500 crore shall be the state government’s contribution to the project.
- Under this plan, the ministry is expecting to disburse a loan of upto Rs 10 lakh to individual or a group interested in availing the credit facility along with interest subsidy.
- There is a provision for getting subsidy on bank interest by 3% to 5%
- In the initial phase the scheme will be run in Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab for a five-year period and thereafter replicated in other states.
- February 28: National Science Day: Theme “Science for people and people for science”.
- March 01: Zero Discrimination Day: Theme 2019 is 'Act to change laws that Discriminate'.
- March 03: World Wildlife Day: Theme 2019 – “Life Below Water: For people and planet”.
- March 04: National Security Day and National Safety Day
BANKING AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- According to Central Statistical Office, GDP growth has been revised in the 2018-19 financial year to 7% from the 7.2%.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance launched ‘Bank Locker Protector Policy’, which is the first stand-alone bank locker cover offered by any insurance company.
- Income Tax Department will "only" issue refunds via the e-mode into bank accounts of taxpayers and they should link PAN with their accounts.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has formed Eight-member task force on the offshore rupee market for ensuring the stability of the currency which will be headed by Usha Thorat.
- The portal- PSBloansin59minutes.com has become the largest fintech online lending platform with loan sanctions exceeding over Rs 35,000 crore, as quoted by a report from Credit Suisse.
- Punjab National Bank has been ranked first among Public Sector Banks in the implementation of ‘reforms agenda’ acc. to EASE Reforms Index
- IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) signed a bancassurance agreement under which the lender will offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches
- According to Moody’s quarterly Global Macro Outlook, Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.3 per cent in 2019 and 2020.
- The government has given a nod to the IDBI Bank to handle import and export transactions with Iran.
- Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd and State Bank of India launched their merchantacquiring joint venture - SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd (SBIPSPL) for establishing a digital payments platform for India and other countries in the region. SBI has a 74% stake in the joint venture and 26% is with Hitachi Payment Service
INDEX AND RANKINGGlobal Wellness Index
- Canada ranked as the best country out of the 151 nations evaluated on the basis of 10 indicators according to the Global Wellness Index published by investment firm Letter One.
- Indicators consist of blood pressure, blood glucose, obesity, depression, happiness, alcohol use, tobacco use, exercise, healthy life expectancyand government spending on healthcare
- US has been ranked at 37th position.
- South Africa comes in the last, below Ukraine, Egypt and Iraq
Consumer Confidence Index
- India ranked first with the score of 133 among the 63 countries in the Consumer Confidence Index
- Conference Board Global Consumer Confidence Survey is conducted in collaboration with Nielsen.
- Philippines and US ranked at second and third position respectively
- South Korea has the most pessimistic consumers in the world.
IQAir AirVisual 2018 World Air Quality Report
- The IQAir AirVisual 2018 World Air Quality Report was compiled by Greenpeace in association with IQAir AirVisual.
- The index measures the presence of fine particulate matter PM2.5 in the air.
- The five most polluted cities in the world are Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Bhiwadi (India) and Faisalabad (Pakistan).
National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey
- As per National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) 2018-19 Survey, 93.1% of rural Indian households now have access to toilets in comparison to 77% last year.
- It was conducted between November 2018 and February 2019, covering 92,040 households in 6,136 villages.
- The survey was commissioned by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- 96.5% of people who had access to toilets, use them.
- Only four states — Goa, Odisha, Telangana and West Bengal — falling short of 100% coverage.
- India’s first Braille laptop has been created by IIT-Delhi Scientists which is known as “DotBook”
- April 2019–March 2020’ was declared as Construction-Technology year at two-day Expo-cum Conference on Construction Technology India 2019 (CTI-2019) was held in New Delhi
- Plastic Waste-Free India’ Anthem has been produced by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Smriti Manch (PDUSM) as a part of a campaign to make India plastic-free by 2022.
- Nayantara Sahgal’s new novel – ‘The Fate of Butterflies” has been unveiled.
- The 8th edition of India-Bangladesh joint military exercise - Sampriti 2019 was hosted at Tangail in Bangladesh.
- Malaysia has become the 124th member of the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- Google has launched a new app called Bolo to help students in India read in Hindi and English and work as a tutor of sorts. The app includes an Assistant called Diya which encourages children with their reading, understanding skill
- As per the latest report by the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC), India has been referred as Key Hub for Illicit Drug Trade.
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani ranked at 13th position on the Forbes World's Billionaire list with USD 50 billion wealth, jumping six positions
- World Bank shall provide $250 million support to the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) in order to boost rural income across 13 states on India.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here