Supreme Court Bans Mining Along Kaziranga National Park
- All mining activities along the Kaziranga National Park and catchment area of rivers originating in Karbi Anglong Hills in Assam, has been banned by Supreme Court.
- As mining activities resulting in environmental degradation and habitat destruction in an important elephant and tiger habitat.
- It is a home to world's largest population of Indian one-horned Rhinoceros located in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of Assam.
Medals of Honour Awarded to Indian Peacekeepers
- Medals of Honour Awarded to 150 Indian Peacekeepers serving with the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- India is the second largest contributor of peacekeepers to UNMISS with more than 2,400 military and police personnel currently deployed in the mission.
- Julian Assange was arrested in London to face a charge in the United States of conspiring to hack into a Pentagon computer network in 2010.
- Julian Assange is a Co-founder of WikiLeaks .
- It is a media website which is an international, self-described, not-for-profit organization publishing submissions of private, secret, and classified.
Indo-Pacific Wing Set up in the Foreign Office
- An Indo-Pacific Wing in the foreign office has set up by Ministry of External Affairs.
- This wing is currently headed by joint secretary Vikram Doraiswami.
Christina Koch sets Record for the Longest Spaceflight
- A Record Set up by NASA astronaut Christina Koch to have her mission on the International Space Station (ISS) extended to 328 days, which is the longest single spaceflight by a woman.
- Koch, who arrived at the space station on March 14th is scheduled to remain in orbit until February 2020 which will eclipse the record of 288 days set by former NASA astronaut Peggy Whitson in 2016-17.
IMF and the World Bank Launch "Learning Coin"
- IMF and World Bank jointly Launched a private blockchain with a pseudo-token- "Learning Coin".
- The coin has no real value, called "Learning Coin" is accessible within the IMF and World Bank.
- The main purpose of this token is to teach relevant individuals within the organizations about blockchain.
SEBI Approves a Rs 10,000 Crore "Airport Fund"
- "Airport" specific fund of Rs 10,000 crore Approved by SEBI.
- Gigi George leads the management and operation of 'Sponsor and Investment Manager' of this Fund which is based in Chennai and is termed as 'Taking Off To The Future Investment Management LLP'.
- It can raise a capital amounting to $1.5 bn (Rs. 10,000 crores).
RBI Permits Reinsurance Brokers to Open Foreign Currency Accounts
- To open non-interest bearing foreign currency accounts with banks for undertaking transactions Reinsurance Brokers gets Permission from RBI.
- Foreign Currency Accounts:
- Foreign currency account refers to a bank account held or maintained in currency other than the currency of India or Nepal or Bhutan.
PMLA Prevails over Bankruptcy Act and Insolvency Code
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) prevails over the Bankruptcy Act and Insolvency Code when it comes to attachment of properties obtained as 'proceeds of crime' has Ruled by Delhi High Court.
- Delhi High Court has stated that by the virtue of Section 71, PMLA has the overriding effect over other existing laws in the matter of dealing with "money-laundering" and "proceeds of crime".
IDRBT Launches the "5G Use Cases Lab"
- "5G Use Cases Lab" launched by institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) for banking and financial sector along with blockchain technology.
Canara Bank Becomes First PSB to Meet RBIs EMV Mandate
- To support EMV card acquiring across its ATM network and Aadhaar Authentication, Canara Bank has successfully rolled out major new functionality.
- EMV Card:
- EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, Visa, the three organisations that developed and established EMV as the global standard for chip-based credit and debit transactions.
Bandhan Bank's Merger with Gruh Finance Approved by CCI
- Merger of Bandhan Bank and Gruh Finance has been Approved by CCI for the proposed scheme of amalgamation of Gruh Finance with the bank.
Bank of Maharashtra partners with M1Xchange TReDS Platform
- Bank of Maharashtra join Hands with M1Xchange TReDS Platform for MSME bill discounting.
- TReDS is a digital platform to support micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to get their bills financed at a competitive rate through an auction where multiple registered financiers can participate.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here