- UN President is withdrawing the U.S. signature from the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty, in response to concerns from gun rights activists that it could impinge on Americans' right to bear arms.
- About Arm Trade Treaty(ATT):
- ATT, which has been ratified by more than 100 countries, entered into force in December 2014.
- It regulates the trade in conventional arms such as small arms, battle tanks, combat aircraft, and warships.
- It also aims to prevent and eradicate the illicit trade in conventional arms and prevent their diversion.
- A Declaration is passed by UK Parliament which makes this government be the first national government to pass an exemplary measure, that is, a national declaration of an Environment and Climate Emergency.
- Compared to its 1990 levels, UK (United Kingdom) was later legally committed to an 80% reduction in carbon emissions by 2050 and recently featured as 1 of 18 developed economies to decrease CO2(carbon dioxide) emissions in the last 10 years.
- A New law "Sovereign Internet" bill is signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin that will allow Russian authorities to isolate the country's internet to expand the government's control over it.
- The new move requires Internet providers to install equipment for routing Russian web traffic through servers in Russia which will allow the Russian intelligence agencies of state authorities to control public information.
- A $5 billion Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies for the Asia and Pacific region has launched by Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- This will support ADB's developing member countries' efforts for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), inclusive of the SDG 14: Life Below Water.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to conduct two-level exams for Class 10th Mathematics and English in which 20 marks internal exam will be conducted by respective schools and 80 marks will be given to theory conducted by the board from 2020 onwards.
- Students will have to clear the school-based exams first in order to be considered for the board exams
- Two geological display boards at two important geological sites, Installed by Geological Survey of India (GSI) North Eastern Region (NER) in Meghalaya.
- These geological display boards with geo-scientific information will help in creating awareness among visiting tourists, students and general public.
- BSNL Becomes the 1st operator to start optical fiber-based high-speed broadband service in Pulwama by launching 'Bharat Fibre' .
- About 'Bharat Fibre' services:
- These services are reliable and high-speed internet are provided on the optical fibre by FTTH (fibre-to-the-home) service up to the customer premises with a monthly charge of Rs 777-16,999 in around 160 telecom districts with a minimum speed of 2 megabit-per-second (Mbps).
- On the day of 750th birth anniversary of Sri Vedanta Desikan a postage stamp is Unveiled by President M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
- About Sri Vedanta Desikan:
- He was Born in 1268 CE and was a Sri Vaishnava philosopher and one of the most brilliant stalwarts of Sri Vaishnavism in the post-Ramanuja period.
- He was an awardee of Vedanta Desika, 'Kavitarkika-Kesari' ,'Kavitarkika-Simham' and Ramanuja-Daya-Patram'
- Instructions are given to the all states by central Government to mandate green number plates on all types of electric vehicles, whether brand new or used.
- The reason behind this move is to distinguish green vehicles for preferential treatment in parking, free entry in congested zones, and concessional toll.
- Allowing youngsters in the age group of 16-18 years to ride e-scooters, as they are gearless, and easy to use.
- To upscale the 'Unnat Bharat Abhiyan' ,a Special Purpose Vehicle under the Ministry of Electronics & IT, (Information Technology) called "CSC (Common Services Centre) e-Governance Services India Limited", has partnered with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
- IIT-Kanpur has brought together 15 leading higher education institutions from UP (Uttar Pradesh) to work together with CSC, under this policy, for the villages' development and has adopted 5 villages for its holistic development.
- SEBI has banned NSE, National Stock Exchange from gaining access to the securities market for a period of 6 months.
- And also fined NSE a sum of Rs. 1,000 crore, that is, Rs. 624.89 crore and an additional 12% interest, from 1st April 2014 for NSE's failure to exercise effective due diligence during co-location facility.
- Co-Location Case is a system in trade execution, where a broker's server is kept in the exchange premises to decrease latency or delay in computational terms.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here