Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released an important notice regarding SSC CGL 2016. The details notice is given below:
Important Notice regarding Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) 2016
Attention of candidates is invited to the Notice for Combined Graduate Level Examination 2016 published in Employment News dated 13.2.2016 and also uploaded on Commission’s website.
2. The Notice provides that the age limit will be reckoned as on 1.8.2016. This cut off date is based on the DOPT instructions contained in OM No. 14017/70/87-Estt. (RR) dated 14.7.1988.
3. A number of representations have been received by the Government and the Commission for relaxation in the cut-off date to 1.1.2016. Keeping in view the interest of the candidates, the Competent Authority has approved the proposal to allow the candidates fulfilling the age criteria on 1.1.2016 to also apply in response to SSC Advertisement for CGLE 2016 in relaxation of DOPT’s instructions referred to above.
In view of this, all candidates meeting the age criteria as on 1.1.2016 and also on 1.8.2016 are eligible to apply.
4. The Competent Authority has also approved extending the last date for receipt of applications for CGLE 2016 by 10 days. Now, therefore, the last date for receipt of applications (Part I) is 21.3.2016 (5.00 PM) and (Part II) is 24.3.2016 (5.00 PM).
5. The candidates are advised to refer to the Notice published on February 13, 2016 and note the following :
(i) In Column 5(A) (i) to (vii), read the date as 2 nd January instead of 2 nd August. However the year given will remain the same.
(ii) In Column 5(F) and 5(H), the date given with respect to Exserviceman may be read as 24.03.2016 in place of 14.03.2016.
(iii) In Annexure III the date given with respect to Central Government Civilian Employees, may be read as 24.03.2016 in place of 14.03.2016.
6. Attention of the applicants is also invited to the instructions contained in the OM No. 14017/70/87-Estt. (RR) dated 14.7.1988 and note that this is only one time relaxation. No such request from applicants will be entertained in future.
Click Here To Download the Official Notification
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here