Today we are presenting you a 10 question set on Indian Polity which is very important for your upcoming SSC CGL 2016 and RRB NTPC 2016. Try to solve it.
Indian Polity Quiz for SSC and Railways Exams
1. Before 1956, the present Kerala State was known as
2. In India sovereignty resides in the
b) Union Parliament
c) Prime Minister
d) Constitution of India
3. A person can be a member of both Houses of Parliament
c) Yes, during a National Emergency
d) Yes, during a Financial Emergency
4. The total number of members in the Legislative Council of a State shall not exceed ___________ of the total number of members in the State Legislative Assembly.
a) One fourth
b) One half
c) One third
d) One fifth
5. Which House of Parliament is sometimes called the "House of Elders"?
a) Rajya Sabha
b) Lok Sabha
d) None of the above
6. In which year was the first no-confidence motion moved in the Lok Sabha?
7.The National Integration council is chaired by the
a) President of India
b) Vice President of India
c) Chief Justice of India
d) Prime Minister of India
8. If the Rajya Sabha rejects a Money Bill, then which of the following statements is correct?
a) The Bill is sent back to the Lok Sabha for further consideration
b) President summons a joint Session for passing the Bill
c) Lok Sabha may or may not accept its recommendations
d) The Attorney General's opinion is sought
9. In which year was the Supreme Court of India established?
10. An Advocate-General of a state is entitled to appear before
a) any court of law within the country
b) any court of law within the State
c) the Supreme Court of India
d) District and Sessions Courts
1. c) Travancore-Cochin
2. d) Constitution of India
3. b) No
4. c) One third
5. a) Rajya Sabha
6. c) 1963
7. d) Prime Minister of India
8. c) Lok Sabha may or may not accept its recommendations
9. b) 1950
10. b) any court of law within the State
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here