This quiz series contains all current affairs, banking awareness and static gk related to SBI PO and Clerk Mains exams.
1. Many a time we come across a term in banking sector ‘Retail Banking’. What does it really mean? In simple words Retail Banking is to provide banking services
1.entirely to agricultural sector only
2.only to individual customers in an integrated manner
3.only to ‘Self Help Groups’ for their survival
4.only to big corporates and business houses
2. Which state is the site for Malabar river festival, touted as Asia’s biggest white water competition?
3. From which country, Apple has recently introduced “Apple Pay”, a mobile payments system?
4. Many a time we read in newspapers about ‘Know Your Customer’ norms to be followed by the banks. Why so much emphasis is paid on KYC norms ? (Pick up the correct statement).
1.It is a measure to provide quick and prompt service to the customers.
2.The purpose of this is to bring more and more people in Income Tax network.
3.It is basically an ‘AntiMoney Laundering’ exercise.
4.It is an activity which allows banks to protect the identity of its High Worth Customers so that other banks who it willare their competitors, cannot approach them.
5. Which of the following city is host to the Global Rice Bran Oil Conference 2015?
6. United States has recently restored diplomatic relations after 54 years with which of the following countries?
7. The Government of India is planning to revive which of the following types of banks by infusing fresh capital? (A good number of these banks are having a negative net worth and need recapitalisation).
1.Public Sector Banks
2.Private Sector Banks
3.Regional Rural Banks
4.Developmental Institutes who have converted themselves into Banks
8. Who was conferred with the Commandeur de la Legion d’Honneur, the highest French civilian honour?
1.Sayed Haider Raza
3.Sadvik Kiran Singh
9. Which state of India recorded highest domestic tourist footfalls in 2014?
10. Which of the following types of banks/organisations are now allowed to accept Foreign Currency Deposits from NRI and Persons of Indian origin?
3.Regional Rural Banks
4.Nonbanking finance companies
5.Cooperative Credit Societies
11. Which North East state of India has been recently declared as disturbed area by the union government?
12. Who is the chairman of the committee set up to study the status of the Sports Authority of India?
13. Which of the following statements about banking operations is CORRECT as they help banks to run their shops?
A. The public heIds as much currency (M) as it desires to hold with it and therefore any additional money earned by it is placed in the form of deposits with banks.
B. The banks lend all the deposits received by them from public up to the minimum legal cash reserve ratio requirement determined by the RBI. It means banks do not keep anv excess cash reserves with themselves.
C. The minimum legal Cash Reserve ratio is set by the RBI.
D. Bank’s assets are only in the form of Cash Reserves and loans and its liabilities comprise only of the demand deposits.
2.Both (A) and (C)
4.Both (C) and (D)
5.All (A), (B), (C) and (D)
14. According to World Economic Forum, which is the world’s biggest employer?
1.US Department of Defence
15. The proposed Bangladesh China India Myanmar (BCIM) corridor will link Kolkata to which part of China?
1.only to individual customers in an integrated manner
4.It is basically an ‘AntiMoney Laundering’ exercise.
7.Regional Rural Banks
8.Sayed Haider Raza
14.US Department of Defence
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here