INTRODUCTION:The Andhra Pradesh Government launched a new scheme named “NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme” on 1st December, 2016 in Vijayawada to provide a medical treatment to the people of the Above Poverty Line (APL) at Rs. 1200 premium per annum. This scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu. This scheme is health insurance scheme.
- This scheme’s main objective is to provide medical treatment to the people belonging to Above Poverty Line (APL) at Rs. 1200 premium per annum.
- This health scheme will cover the 1044 secondary and tertiary diseases and appeals people to enroll their names in the scheme by paying Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
- This scheme also health insurance cover is offered up to 2lakh and free treatment.
- The NTR Arogya Seva scheme has already been launched for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- This health scheme provides medical treatment for 1044 health and medical ailments in any of the 432 Corporate Hospitals and 80 Government Hospitals in the state.
- This scheme also offers medical insurance to those people who are not covered under any of the existing health schemes of the state government.
- The Above Poverty Line families can be avail its benefit by paying monthly installment of Rs. 100 per month per head or yearly installment of Rs. 1200 per annum per head.
- Also, a similar service has been provided to employees and journalists in the form of health cards.
- Those who are not being covered by any such scheme, the new health initiative “Arogya Raksha” have been launched.
- The new Married couple either the wife or husband belongs to other state can be registered under one family by paying the entire annual premium.
- People are resister for this scheme at any of the Mee Seva centers till 28th February, 2017.
- Unlike other insurance schemes pre existing diseases will not be considered.
- The chief Minister also requested the students of medical, nursing, psychology and home science to contribute their best to improve the public health through the Swasthya Vidya Vahini.
- Andhra Pradesh has now become the FIRST state to fulfill the health for all vision of the World Health Organization (WHO).
SWASTHYA VIDYA VAHINI Program:The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu launched a health education program in Vijayawada named “Swasthya Vidya Vahini” program on 24th December, 2016. This program was aimed to developing a disease-free Andhra Pradesh. Some features of this program is-
- This program will involve helping of all medical and nursing students from the state.
- Under this program, students of all the nursing, psychology, medical and home science will be divided in to 446 teams.
- This program will help to develop leadership and communication skills among the students. The students have to prepare a health profile of the village and inform the officials over the reasons for the spread of disease and remedial measures.
- The students would be awarded marks in the field work which would be treated as practical.
Name of the scheme
NTR Arogya Raksha Scheme
1st December, 2016
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu
Place where the scheme launched
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Above Poverty Line (APL) people
Premium of this scheme
Rs. 1200 per annum per head
Under this scheme program launched
Swasthya Vidya Vahini
The program is for
Medical, Nursing, Psychology and Home Science Student.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here