Introduction:PMUY(Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) is a scheme launched by our honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 1st of May 2016 in Uttar Pradesh. Under the PM Ujjwala Yojana, the government aims towards social welfare by providing LPG connections to households which are Below Poverty Line (BPL) in the country. The aim of this scheme is to replace the unclean cooking fuels which are used in the rural parts of India with the clean and more efficient Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG).
Aims of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- To bring forward a healthy environment
- Women empowerment
- To reduce health related issue which is associated with fossil fuel based cooking
- To check the number of deaths caused due to unclean cooking fuel
- To prevent respiratory diseases in children
- To stop indoor pollution due to the burning of fossil fuel while cooking
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- The women from BPL families who are eligible have to fill up PMUY Know Your Customer (KYC) form.
- The form is available at all the LPG outlets throughout the country.
- The individuals have to mention the type of cylinders which they require while filling the form and at the same time the required documents are to be attached along with the form filled.
- The final form has to be submitted at an LPG outlet.
- The list of SECC-2011 data should have the applicant’s name on it.
- Only women over 18 years of age are eligible.
- The applicant should be from a BPL family.
- The applicant should have a working savings bank account in any of the nationalised banks in India.
- Applicants who already have a LPG connection in their name are not eligible.
- A Panchayat pradhan or Municipality chairman authorized BPL certificate.
- BPL Ration Card
- A photo identity proof for example Aadhar card or Voter ID card
- Recent passport size photo
Funding of PMUY:Rs 2000 crore has been allocated by the government in the implementation of the PMUY scheme for 2016-17. The scheme is to be implemented completely in the span of 3 years with a total budget of RS 8000 crore. This scheme will provide a financial support of Rs. 1600 for each LPG connection to the eligible BPL households. PMUY is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas and for the first time such an enormous welfare scheme has been launched that will benefit huge number of women belonging to the poorest households.
Ujjwala Yojana Toll Free Helpline Number: 1800 266 6696
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here