- Full Form of IRR is Internal Rate of Return
- Bad credit is a term used to describe a poor credit rating including an account in default.
- Through Cross Currency Options, RBI has allowed Indian companies to hedge exchange rate risk associated with trade transactions.
- Clearing Bank is the one which settles the debits and credits of the commercial banks. Even the cash balances are lesser; clearing bank facilitates banking operation of the commercial bank.
- Insurance companies in India are regulated by IRDA. This agency’s headquarters are in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Mortage is a written constructive pledge of property that is used as security for the repayment of a loan.
- Coins up to 50 paise were called ‘Small Coins’ and coins of rupee one and above are called as ‘Rupee Coins’.
- Bancassurance refers to the distribution of insurance policies and insurance products of insurance companies which may be a life policies or non-life policies, by banks as corporate agents through their bank branches located in different parts of the country by charging a fee.
- PJ Nayak committee was formed to review governance of Boards of banks in India.
- EXIM (Exporters and Importers) bank of India was established in 1982. It facilitates financial assistance for exporters and importers to promote foreign trade of India.
- FII – Foreign Institutional Investors – Investment in financial assets like bonds, mutual funds, stocks of a foreign company. This gives investors’ only ownership right not management right.
- Currency notes and coins of one rupee and lower denominations are issued by the Ministry of Finance.
- CASA Ratio is the ratio of deposits in the form of current and savings account to the total deposits. Normally expressed in percentage. High CASA ratio is more advantageous.
- Travellers’ cheque is a prepaid instrument issued by a bank, which can be substitute of cash.
- CRISIL –Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited founded in 1987, headquarters in Mumbai. It is the largest credit rating agency in India. Its majority shareholder is Standard and Poor’s.
Test Your Memory Take Quiz
What does I stand for in IRR?
_________ settles the debits and credits of the commercial banks?
a. Credit Unions
b. Investment Bank
c. Retail bank
d. Clearing Bank
Headquarter of IRDA is located in
Coins up to 50 paise were called
a. small coins
b. little coins
c. bit coins
d. nominal coins
Which committee was formed to review governance of Boards of banks in India?
a. C Rao Committe
b. A C Shah Committe
c. P J Nayak Committee
d. Damle Committe
EXIM (Exporters and Importers) bank of India was established in
_________ is the ratio of deposits in the form of current and savings account to the total deposits.
a. Capital Gaining Ratio
b. Price Earning Ratio
c. Expenses Ratio
d. CASA Ratio
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here